AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Welcome to the Forums (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   About AZHT... (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1620)

b4iceman 04-11-2006 12:53 AM

About AZHT...

Give a little history about the web site (i.e. how it got started, location...) Maybe give an explanation of what AZHT stands for?

RhdRicheeee 04-11-2006 07:58 AM

this was covered on azhtsquad

If I remember right AZHT = AriZona Honda Tuners

1 point 6 04-11-2006 10:29 AM

AZHT squad started between friends back in late 2002-2003, started out as a picture site for all our cars, meanwhile we used a different forum as our site. as more az members started joining, garagetuners crashed. wanting to make an all az forum, we converted to a forum while our picture site was being rebuilt under a different name (which was never finished).

before getting into more of our history, azht squad was formed by people who met on , in the inception of the squad AZHT stood for Arizona HondaTech. HT did not like us using there name in our squad title so it was changed to stand for arizona honda tuners, which in reality was just supposed to be a joke but it stuck....

azhtsquad.com was up for more than a year, but halfway through the forums life azhtsquad members disbanded due to members wanting to go in different directions with the club. while some wanted to be more show/go & get group recognition, others were happy just being a group of friends, nothing more. thus breaking up the best damn car club az could have ever seen. out of respect for the name, and having people that had nothing to do with the OG honda clan calling themselves, azht squad, the site was renamed , and here we are today.

OG members included:
shaun - 1 point 6
chris - Big C
CJ - cjb
jay - mooshin
mike - whitetrash
mike - caveman
taylor - taylor
trine - enigma94
mark - thaiphob
matt - terribleIBS
JC aka Justin - LoooseGSR

now you can see the people who still remain as a group called 8FIVE.
however some members have talked about reforming AZHTsquad, nothing has been set in motion yet.

regroup, revive & make motion. this was always our motto.

LoooseGSR 04-11-2006 11:35 AM

Shaun, I was OG remember?

1 point 6 04-11-2006 11:43 AM

remember you didnt want to associate with us, cause you were a Looose Boy & worked at Honda. :)
that and i couldnt remember your SN.

mc_rhett_meister 04-11-2006 11:53 AM

hell yeah boi, you told us the AZHT history, Im not OG am I? fucker

thaiphob 04-11-2006 12:05 PM

you forgot Kami also :)

DeeDub 04-11-2006 12:20 PM

Where did the name 8FIVE come from?

cjb 04-11-2006 12:34 PM

Basically as u may have noticed a few of the core members no longer have hondas and a few other older members wanted to do more show attendance and take the group one step further, thus starting 8five. I believe there is only 3 members... Correct me if I am wrong but that is pretty much the jist of it...

apSquidFace 04-11-2006 02:18 PM

of course not ass hat :inlove:

mc_rhett_meister 04-11-2006 02:26 PM

if Trine is i am, not that i really care, just kinda hurts when Shaun hates like that:bananaman:

1 point 6 04-11-2006 02:45 PM

rhett you are OG, mr. red EK and rotas. now THATS og.

apSquidFace 04-11-2006 02:52 PM

my FOOT you are

Cereal_Killer 04-11-2006 03:23 PM

Sub-factory meets were the shit every satrurday, back in the day when we had the pavillion meets....those were the days (all in the family voice)!

mc_rhett_meister 04-11-2006 03:47 PM

dude still cooler than 90 percent of the honduhs then! plus what was the next set of wheels and amount of lugnunts on there shortly after ;)

enigma94 04-11-2006 05:36 PM

I think he was really reffering to people who sported the sticker and hung out on a regular basis. There are alot of OG people that hung with us but were never really a "member" of the sqaud.

Big C 04-11-2006 07:39 PM

Good write up Shaun. That pretty much put it all in perspective.

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 04-11-2006 08:35 PM

i swear someone needs to make this a sticky its gonna come up again and again

mooshin 04-11-2006 10:39 PM

Damn. 100% accurate to my memory. In summary, I feel like an old man now. Been through a lot with these homos, but we are still doing our thang! :thumbup:

TAYLOR 04-11-2006 11:27 PM

im only a homo wit u jay

integrax97 04-12-2006 12:28 AM

should just sticky this so it doenst become asked a 100 more times!

cjb 04-12-2006 10:04 AM

word..

DJ Soysauce 04-12-2006 10:12 AM

cool story dude...Sorry I was never a OG...But oh wells...

thaiphob 04-12-2006 11:33 AM

Im pretty sure 8five was started b/c some of the board memebers were saying they were part of AzHT when they were just posting on our site. correct me if im wrong :)

mooshin 04-12-2006 11:53 AM

That was a minor concern.

In the most simple terms, 8FIVE was started by myself,mike and jorge as a result of wanting to pursue "other things". The original core AZHTSquad group was great, but things "evolved" so to speak. The only thing that remains are some good memories and friends. All of those things are still part of how I remember AZHTSquad, so in my mind that is how it stayed. I'm off doing other things with Mike and Jorge, but that's a different story. Most of the guys who were part of the original AZHTSquad have started up new projects of their own, and are just enjoying things how they want to enjoy them... ^^you included.

whitetrash 04-12-2006 12:30 PM

^^Nice summary. In my opinion, AZHTsquad still exists. The foundation of the group was friends and that is still what exists. The name might not be there, but we still hang out. I will support and help out anyone from the original squad when needed.

mc_rhett_meister 04-12-2006 01:09 PM

Squidface Crew ownz, youll all soon wanna be sick wit it

LoooseGSR 04-12-2006 01:29 PM

You guys are all and always will be my homies...you showed me respect and were friendly to me when I had just moved to Phoenix. There's been some rough times but all in all, I had a blast with all of you. It's true, LBR crew is where my loyalties lie...but my origins will always be credited to you guys who were there when I had my bone stock CRX on Si's....damn I miss that car sometimes...Chris and Shaun remember helping me lower it back when I had no idea what I was doing...what was supposed to take an hour ended up taking fucking 4...damn midwest cars where everything is rusted in place...I still owe you guys beer for that I think:-p

TAYLOR 04-12-2006 06:03 PM

haha remember all the bs arguements we got in over stupid shit, good times there haha. it was def a lot of fun back in the day but a lot of us moved onto other things like stated b4. all of u guys will b my homies even if we butted heads a few times. i remember big c and i seeing rhett for the first time and going wtf but he turned out to b a cool dude even if he is slightly gay :swallow:

1 point 6 04-12-2006 07:58 PM

man the times we had back then were so damn fun, it all stopped when taylor moved away. i remember you talking shit to people at the pavs, and that night we drove around in justins hatch shooting roman candles at pedestrians hahaha.