AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Member's Rides (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   1sr HR-V on AZHT (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=203224)

LadyLockness 04-29-2016 06:46 AM

Wow cant say I like these, but now that I've seen yours in white..

What dealer did you go to?

And I looooove my weather tech floor mats, the fit peeps are all about them.

2009BLACKSI 04-29-2016 01:34 PM

To bad they don't come with a K20

mar_phi6 04-29-2016 03:02 PM

That a nice ride.

Paul's best friend 04-30-2016 06:10 PM

That 3 at the beginning of the VIN is a major reason I got the extended warranty on top of the Certified Used Honda Warranty. Isnt bad though for what it is and it has less rattles than the 09 Civic it will be replacing. That thing has rattled since day 1 and had most interior plastics replaced because of it.

All my other personal Hondas have had the "J" or a "1" at the beginning of the VIN. I prefer the "J".

Also sucks the only offer the 6spd manual here in either LX or EX with FWD only. Id buy an EX-L AWD manual. Id put a deposit down if it becomes available. Espically if the 2017 gets a snail under the hood.

The darker colored ones, purple, green and what not I dont thing look that good. Also, I think they all look ugly in pics. The White Orchid Pearl is rather nice looking on it in person. I do like the look of this one though.

Dealer I got this from is over 200 miles outside the PHX area.

Ushally I get WeatherTech digi liners but since I aint keeping it I went with the OEM all season ones. Bit cheaper too.

Speaking of the Fits, this something I just ordered that is for both the HR-V and Fit. Check out the video in the link below. I generally do Hella Horns but this route saved me over $30.00 and is a big improvement over stock.

I also order a different engine cover that should be in next week. Ill post pics of the before and after.

There is rumor the 2017 will come with a Turbo. I guess the China version was just released with a Turbo.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

BTW, my 1st tank of gas with mostly in town driving got me just over 32mpg.

Koopa Troopa 05-01-2016 08:05 PM

From what I was reading, Honda has plans on putting their new 1.5L turbo engine into damn near everything. Could just be Japan though. You know how Honda of America is.

Paul's best friend 05-01-2016 08:44 PM

Well today I started ordering Euro/Australian OEM Honda Accessories. Sucks its gonna be a month before they are here but Ill post pics and part numbers once they arrive and are installed. Ordered 4 items total. 1 of which will take the place of a USDM spec accessory I wanted but this route will save me a few bucks.

Also this week, Im gonna test fit an 05-06 RSX-S wheel to make sure it clears the calipers front and rear and see how they look. If all is good, I can use the stock tires on those rims and may sell off the factory HR-V wheels. I have to wait and see what happenes though and how they look overall 1st before making too many decisions.

LS-S DA9 05-02-2016 09:36 PM

Thought you weren't keeping? Why order parts that are a month out?

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 05-03-2016 04:19 AM

Says the guy with project and forsale threads for 2 cars :this-guy_2:

LS-S DA9 05-03-2016 05:49 AM

One car* and nothing a month out :this-guy_2:

Plus not like I can close a build thread for a car I have had for 2 years..

Paul's best friend 05-03-2016 07:21 AM

Im not. Im bored and its just what I do with Hondas.

LS-S DA9 05-03-2016 07:43 AM

Haha that works.

Chuck Chainz 05-03-2016 10:04 AM

Dbl A-Ron does that too!

Paul's best friend 05-07-2016 04:03 PM

So I need some opinions, keep the stock wheels or swap the tires over to a set of 05-06 RSX-S wheels? Did a test fit and no issues with the calipers so thats good. Tire used on the rim is a 215/45R17 and I would just have the stock tires swapped to these wheels. Stock tire size is 215/55R17.

Got the horns installed today. The engine cover came in last week but not the 2 valve cover bolts I need. Grrr. So it will be a few weeks before that goes on as I have to leave town this next week for a bit. By then more stuff should be arriving.

Video of the horns and what the stock vs aftermarket ones sound like. I didnt remove the bumper for the install and took 15-20 minutes is all. My Hellas are louder on the Lude but these were $30-40 bucks cheaper.

And the date for this to be turned over has finally been picked. Friday May 27th it goes to my mom.

Also got the smart key protectors. Kinda nice. I really prefer the red one for obvious reasons but got the pink for her as it matches her phone case. Lol. Dumb I know.

So anyways, keep stock wheels for now or swap them for the RSX-S ones?

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 05-07-2016 05:21 PM

Rsx look great, would look even better with the bigger tires

99ssbp 05-08-2016 03:23 PM

Great pick up. The wife really wants one. I like the tasteful factory add ons.

Paul's best friend 05-18-2016 08:58 AM

I received 3 items from 1 seller, all that arrived fine and dandy, they even sent an extra "gift" as they even wrote it on the package. Honestly, I wouldnt have ordered the "gift". (Ebay)

So far have just 2 items installed from them. Hope to have the 3rd one done tonight along with the engine cover.

The last item I ordered arrived damaged! Im not sure if there is a way to fix it and I plan to try and contact the seller today. (Amazon)

So here is some pics and part numbers of what has been installed so far.

1st is the backseat pocket from Honda. Nice spot for the dog leash and collapsible water dish along with whatever else.

Next is the metal door sills. Kinda small but way cheaper than whats offered here in the USA. Overall Im happy.

Front door, sorry for the crappy pic. They do say HR-V on them.

Rear door.

And lastly, threw in quick the dash mat in black. Havent put any velcro down to help hold it. Fits super well.

Hope to have pics up tonight of 1 more item and the free "gift" as well as the engine cover installed.

LALO 05-18-2016 04:41 PM

Nice set up and you're moms is gonna be rolling in OEM goodness.

Paul's best friend 05-19-2016 09:00 AM

I really hope she enjoys it.

So last night had a little time. Swapped the engine cover and 2 bolts.

Parts needed. Cheaper to buy seperately than in the kit offered some places.

New one on top, old on bottom as well as the bolts that needed removed.

What the bay did look like.

And what it looks like with the 12-13 Civic R18 engine cover installed.

Heres a couple pictures of the "free gift" I received from overseas.

Hope to be getting another item installed tonight and still working on getting the damaged item taken care of.

Should be ordering the OEM interior ambient light kit and all the OEM lower exterior trim this weekend, fingers crossed.

Paul's best friend 05-22-2016 06:15 PM

Had some time this evening and gota another one of the overseas items installed. Had to drill 5 holes and then install pop rivets.

Paul's best friend 06-03-2016 03:59 PM

Came home to a couple big boxes today.

One contained the lower side trim and interior ambient light kit while the other had the front and rear lower bumper trim.

Hope to have the light kit in tonight and get the lower trim done over the weekend. Tomorrow is already pretty full though. Ill post pics of the progress.

I do have to say, the silver on the lower trim perfectly matches the roof rails on the EX-L. I was hoping they would and the reason I wanted them.

Paul's best friend 06-03-2016 09:13 PM

Anyways, in the last 10-15 minutes I have ripped apart the interior for the install of the lamp kit. Also, I have installed the lamps on the panels. Just need to run the wiring and put it back together. Had to take a break as its still a bit "warm" out.

Part # of item. Sorry about its rotation but I couldnt get it fixed.

Box contents.

And the lower have of the dash removed along with the climate control.

Well time to head back out and install the wiring harness and put it all back together.

Paul's best friend 06-03-2016 10:34 PM

Got it all put back, checked it out, took 2 crappy pics and headed for the shower. Looks better in person.

Drivers side. Shows off the pedals. Lol

Passenger side.

Again, sorry for the craptastic pics.

Tomorrow afternoon I plan on starting the lower trim install.

Paul's best friend 06-04-2016 01:39 PM

Well so far Ive removed the splash gaurds, taped up everything they suggest and removed the upper radiator cowl so far. Have a bunch more clips to remove and about a half dozen screws and panels will start coming off.

Paul's best friend 06-04-2016 02:14 PM

Rear arches and bumper removed.

Gonna do the rear 1st, followed by the side and finish with the front I think.

Been running over to the neighbors helping him with his WRX as well so its not going as quick as I hoped.

Paul's best friend 06-04-2016 03:28 PM

Drilled a crap load of holes through the rear bumper.

Installed onto the bumper.

Installed back onto the car.

Next going to do the side skirts. That way I can finish the rear arch and the rear splash gaurd install. Forgot to mention earlier that I had to remove all splash gaurds to do this project.

Paul's best friend 06-04-2016 05:11 PM

So took the front arches off.

Then the lower side skirt after which I wiped down all the metal as it was a little dirty.

Then installed both side. Also installed the rear arches and rear splash gaurds.

Currently there is only 2 screw to remove on the front bumper and its ready to come off.

Paul's best friend 06-04-2016 07:09 PM

Finished it up just a bit ago. You can see the passenger side "Sport Horn" from College Hills Honda in this 1st picture. Only a bit of the drivers side can be seen. Only 6 holes needed drilled for mounting the front piece. Alot less than the rear one.

Ill pull it out here shortly and try and get pics before the sun goes down.

Paul's best friend 06-04-2016 07:53 PM

Finished pics. Neighbor that I helped today with the WRX in the back ground.

Hope ya enjoyed, if not, oh well.

Koopa Troopa 06-05-2016 02:04 AM

Looks really good.

Chuck Chainz 06-05-2016 06:59 AM

Nice additions man!