AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Shooting for one of the fastest FIS in AZ (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194593)

MIRANDA88 01-25-2014 03:44 PM

Me tooo

AZ_CIVIC 02-08-2014 04:58 PM

Well got the new Exospeed front end all done, painted and installed. My new slicks are not in yet, so I used Aarons last night.

Made some half track passes getting used to the new setup ran a 10.6 but let off and braked at about the 1000 foot on the last pass. Should have just ran the full pace and probably ran a 10.2 give or take. Some seat time maybe just maybe a 9.9..

I am happy, its on a t3/t61 small 61mm turbo..

Colten79 02-09-2014 01:45 AM

Car looked good last night man.. Nice going

AZ_CIVIC 02-09-2014 01:53 PM

Thanks man..

RSintegra 02-11-2014 05:31 PM

Dude, this thing was moving hard on Friday... 10.6 and I saw you were slowing down at the 1000 foot.. This thing could have easily ran a 10.1 or 10.2 if you made a full pass.

AZ_CIVIC 06-25-2014 08:06 AM

It's been a while since I updated this thread. So a couple months ago ran a 10.51 and since it was getting close to the HOT summer I decided to some much needed suspension work on the car.

First thing I wanted to get done was swap out my SI rear trailing arms and do the full Kaizenspeed Rear Trailing Arm kit. It comes with everything, it's 50 pounds lighter than the stock arms and allows you to adjust your tires 2 inches back to act like wheelie bars.

Also just pulled and sold my SI rear trailing arms and purchased the Kaizenspeed rear trailing arm conversion and CNC staging brake.

This is after getting the rear trailing arms kit all put together, I had to make new brake lines for the rear in order for me to setup for the staging brake.

So the next thing on the list now that I had the staging brake done and the full KS Rear Trailing Arm kit done was to move to the front of the car and start working up front.

I decided to remove my EK subframe and go with the entire EG Manual Subframe setup. First reason for doing this was because I had a power steering rack on my car, in the past I had looped the lines but now I wanted all that waste gone.

I also wanted to run a full Spherical Bearing setup as well, so I ordered the Hard Race Spherical FLCA's, The King Pin Spherical Compliance Bushings and a MAKK trans brace to ensure my suspension was tight as can be. I also purchased a rebuilt rack and new OEM outer tie rods.

To make the subframe look good I scrubbed the hell out of it, got all the grease off and paint matched it to my car. I also decided to ditch my exhaust and just have a down pipe exit so the downpipe went over to Boost Junky for modification.

I bought the entire sub frame and parts from Chris in a deal we had for a shell we bought off an AZHT'er. Of course the seller of the shell said the rack and pinion was perfect and almost new. BS I had to replace the entire thing.

The Sub Fram had about 10 pounds of grease I had to scrape and remove, once done I cleaned it, sanded it and sprayed the subframe the same color as my car and then cleared it. I also just bought brand new out tie rods, not in this picture.

New Spherical Bearing LCA's

MONEY SHOT

So after finishing up with the front end I also decided that it was time to ditch the H&R Street Coilovers and move on with a setup of Strange Engineering two way adjustable coils. After watching video of my car in 1st and 2nd you would see some dip between shifts which I do not want. Anyway got those ordered and setup on the car.

Now I feel that my suspension should be good to go so next step was to order the new Weld 1 piece skinnies.

So the next steps for me is to purchase a set of Welds for the front, have the barrels powdercoated black to match up with the back as well as by a set of Welds for street use as well. Once I get this done I can hit the alignment shop 1 more time and should be ready for the track once things cool down again.

DAallday 06-25-2014 11:39 AM

i have hyperco springs too (in my daily) and those weld skinnys are beautiful.

AZ_CIVIC 06-25-2014 12:21 PM

Thanks, I am hoping the 700lb spring rating in the front will be what I need.

DAallday 06-25-2014 12:39 PM

whenever i read/see drag cars they usually have incredibly high spring rates... i went with 450/550 by suggestion from andy @ AMR (for my chassis and since its a daily) but at about 50$ per pair of springs you can find the setup right for you at an affordable price.

AZ_CIVIC 06-25-2014 12:49 PM

Yeah I went with a 375 rear but like you said these springs are super cheap so if I end up needing a stiffer rear no problem.

Colten79 06-25-2014 07:12 PM

Set up is looking very nice man.. Very clean work.
One question though, no longer having the exhaust, will you still be able to compete in the FIS class? I though one requirement was to have a muffler..

AZ_CIVIC 06-25-2014 07:38 PM

They consider the turbo the muffler, I looked it up in the IFO rules. Guys on Honda tech were saying the same thing, so I am cool with that.

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 06-25-2014 08:35 PM

I thought you would want higher rates in the rear? To help stop the weight transfer when launching?

Colten79 06-25-2014 11:06 PM

Aaw, I did read that.. That's pretty cool
I think it's just a start, I noticed he said if he wants to stiffen the rear more the different springs were cheap.. I know when I went from 5k springs to 14k springs I went from 1.8 60's to 1.6 60's..

AZ_CIVIC 06-26-2014 07:08 AM

Actually it is based on weight, if you scale your car you will know the weight of the front and weight of the rear and that will tell you spring rate. I thought the same thing until I talked with Locash, he told me you want a stiffer spring rate for the fronts.
Strange Engineering told me the same thing, shocks are also very important and that is why I chose to use Strange Engineering because their coilover shocks allow you to adjust extension and compression. We will see though.

juan3023 06-26-2014 10:49 AM

looking great with some high quality parts

ph8ed4life 06-26-2014 12:12 PM

Man I'm so glad this didn't hit the wall @ ifo... Setup is looking great!

AZ_CIVIC 06-26-2014 12:37 PM

I second that!!!!

2poor2tune 06-26-2014 07:12 PM

Is this the car with Jake blackmans old front end? This is nick with the red eg hatch with the white front end. I was competing in fis as well. I'm getting ready to ship my gears out to liberty as well. I went with a Gsr 1-3 and a ls 4th to get a little extra mph when I need it.

AZ_CIVIC 06-26-2014 07:23 PM

No not Jakes old front end, picked this one up from Joe. Yeah I love the Liberty Face Plated gears, I think Joe was telling me about your car, did you run a 10.3 at IFO Las Vegas?

2poor2tune 06-26-2014 07:33 PM

Yeah that was me. Number 1 qualifier with a 10.38 @139, first round was a by run, second round I missed due to not hearing the call. Damn generator in the pit next to us. You should have a high 9 in the bag once dialed in. Should I start worrying about racing you at ifo Bakersfield in September? Lol

AZ_CIVIC 06-26-2014 07:40 PM

I am going to try and make it to Tucson IFO, I hope to get a high 9 but we will see LOL I got a damn small turbo. I am going to see what I can do with my 61mm turbo.

2poor2tune 06-26-2014 07:51 PM

It's putting out more power than my car and I'm not even hitting the et I want. I've hit 145mph but have been stuck with consistent 10.4-10.3 passes. I need to get the short track down and I'll get my 9. The car is going through a few changes with the tranny being the biggest. The 6262 is at precision right now. Still waiting on the call to see what's wrong with it. :/ all that and u still need joe to retune it. I'll be at the Tucson event for sure.

AZ_CIVIC 06-26-2014 08:01 PM

Nice, I still need to up the boost on mine, the problem with my turbo is it maxed out at 25psi. In first I was at about 10, 2nd around 16 and 3&4 around 21/22 so we will see what I can do. All my suspension stuff is in hopes to crack 1.5's to help with the short track. Hopefully the turbo is good, I have been hearing a to. Of issues with Precision Journal bearing stuff so hopefully it is good.

2poor2tune 06-26-2014 08:47 PM

I've been reading the same about precision turbos. It sucks because they make good power but I'm literally 30 passes into this turbo with no daily driving and it's giving up already. If they try to charge me too much to fix it I'll probably go back to a Garrett bb and my forward facing kit.

AZ_CIVIC 06-27-2014 08:07 AM

Yeah let's hope so, I have only ever ran Garrett turbos in my car and have never had an issue with them. I am actually thinking of taking this turbo off and bringing it to Turbo Direct and see what they can do.

Check this out, it was done written by Turbo Direct about Precision Turbos.

2poor2tune 06-27-2014 10:11 AM

Haha I actually sent that link to my friends the other day. As I was reading it I was wondering why I ever considered another turbo over Garrett but the numbers people were making 3 years ago were amazing. I saw somebody made 750 on a 6262 and I bought it soon after. When my buddy owned the car it had a garret gtx30r and made 600+ on e85. I want the gtx35r but the measurement at the inducer is 62.5 from what I remember. Not a huge deal but I'd really like to stay within the rules

AZ_CIVIC 06-27-2014 10:19 AM

There are some guys using the Precision 6266 that are making around 825 and 850 so the numbers are there, I just don't want my turbo to blow up. I am going to take my t3/t61 and bring it to Turbo Direct to see if they can get a 62mm inducer in my turbo. If not maybe a 6266 ball bearing turbo, from what I have read the ball bearing setups are pretty good, it is the journal bearing stuff that has a bunch of issues.

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL 06-27-2014 10:47 AM

Damn doing work.. Loving the new front and rear suspension set up..

AZ_CIVIC 06-27-2014 11:29 AM

Thanks man, had to put in some extra work to pay for it LOL. The suspension and skinnies were 6.5k.