AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   THUNDERDOME (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   Religion, which one is the biggest load of BS? (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198525)

theAngryMarmot 07-29-2014 11:15 AM

Religion, which one is the biggest load of BS?

Thoughts?

S!K TEG 07-29-2014 11:23 AM

All of them.

They all preach the same concept.

C.R.A.Y. 07-29-2014 12:00 PM

needs to be all of them but church of fonz option

Chuck Chainz 07-29-2014 12:01 PM

Its a toss up between Christianity and Islam.

ICD 07-29-2014 01:00 PM

All the above.

theAngryMarmot 07-29-2014 01:24 PM

All, as well.

IMO Religion is merely a validation and excuse for people who cannot accept responsibility for their own actions, mortality, lifestyle and shortcomings.

The whole "It is all God's plan" and "They are in a better place now" excuses is a bunch of B.S. for people who can't accept reality.

Then there are the people that use religion as a way to "elevate" themselves above others, a bit of elitism. This is nothing new though, as I firmly believe that one of the reasons religion exists (besides money, and control) is to perpetuate the "class" system of society.

Nothing good has ever came of "high level" religion. It is just like politics - a bunch of upper class people using it to control the "have-nots" through fear and ease of mind. It is as corrupt as any major government.

Sure little Henry that goes to church every Sunday may benefit by being weak conscienced enough to have his morals/ethics fed to him the looming fear of an eternity of punishment - but soon as you venture up the ladder from the end user - it gets really stupid.

DrDanni 07-29-2014 01:25 PM

It has to be scientology. It just has to be...

DrDanni 07-29-2014 01:35 PM

You also forgot to put science in the poll because everyone knows science is a load of Shit. How can everything come from an explosion? Like seriously. We'd all be burnt fishsticks from all the fire caused by the "big bang"

theAngryMarmot 07-29-2014 01:38 PM

To quote a scientist on a show I haven't fully watched :

"The big bang was not an explosion IN space, it was an explosion OF space."

I generally side with science, as most of it is at least theoretically proven/possible.

DrDanni 07-29-2014 01:40 PM

Oh yeah? Well if there's no space, how can something explode? That's like trying to set off a bomb inside an avocado seed.. which are indestructible, btw

king06 07-29-2014 01:41 PM

Took religions101, and I have to say the one that I liked was Buddhism. And Christianity was the hardest one to understand. All in all, I think organized religion is all bs.

You forgot church of Elvis. The king lives on. Lol

Fix.it.again.Tony 07-29-2014 02:08 PM

holywars.exe

ICD 07-29-2014 02:23 PM

Not sure if srs

theAngryMarmot 07-29-2014 02:27 PM

He wasn't saying there was no space - he just sad it was an dramatic expansion OF space. Space, in general is mostly unknown with states of matter and existence we don't fully understand.

Basically the big bang is just a theory stating that something happened which caused the creation and expansion of matter that lead to the Universe as we know it.

Considering we can create man-made elements these days, the theory the "nature" could have done the same in the Big Bang is far more believable IMO than the half-baked-no-evidence Uber-Being creating all that is, was, and ever will be.

If someone did make a bomb out of an avocado seed, I would hope that all avocados would explode - as I hate that nasty green paste.

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth 07-29-2014 02:33 PM

I have been touched by his noodly appendage. Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster for life.

DrDanni 07-29-2014 02:53 PM

Im actually a strong believer of science :)
And now some quotes from the Church of Satan.

"Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

4dr_ed3 07-29-2014 03:00 PM

I'm not siding with any particular one but it comes down to really knowing what each religion teaches than compare it to what they do. Biggest reason people dislike religion is because as stated before above many religions use their position to take advantage of people, they miss use the bible to their advantage. But not all of them are like that. The problem is people assume they know about a certain religion based off of they hear, but others may have been in a certain religion that was lacking in many ways. And to be honest it takes more faith to believe in evolution and the big bang theory than it is to believe in a higher power. I believe science proves there's a creator because of how organized and precise certain things are. Evolution and the big bang theory is basically saying its that way just because. No real explanation or PROOF. That's my 2 cents

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 07-29-2014 03:30 PM

I don't know which one is bs I do not know or care to know enough about any of them to make a judgment. Science sounds nice, and I'll have to look into that church of satan, seems interesting...

H22apower 07-29-2014 04:42 PM

Catholicism, Christianity, the belief of evolution and the Big Bang. Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

*inFamous* 07-29-2014 05:23 PM

Top Gear > all other religions.

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 07-29-2014 06:10 PM

How could I forget !?? ^^^^

nerdskateful 07-29-2014 08:31 PM

Based god

lexsnasty 07-29-2014 08:34 PM

Love is my Religion! Jah rastafari!

CB7_PHX 07-29-2014 09:05 PM

Well pretty sure all of azht will meet in hell... where everyone can meet and complain about dumb shit... hahaha

A_integra1012 07-29-2014 09:06 PM

Agreed! ^^^

ICD 07-29-2014 09:41 PM

As opposed to a book full of fairy tales and mythical beings saying it is so and anybody who challenges it is the devil at work.

Please elaborate on how it takes more "faith" to believe in evolution?

ICD 07-29-2014 09:42 PM

4dr_ed3 07-29-2014 10:41 PM

Fairy tales?I'm gueseing you haven't read it. The bible has more scientific facts that are proven than evolution. One example it was not long ago man found out the world was round. Isaiah 40:22 written hundreds of years ago says "there is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth"...
How is it possible that the bible has survived so long through the centuries. Many translations make it hard to understand and it takes some deep thought to understand it. You can sit here and say the bonke is fake all you want and you have every right to believe what you want. But at least my beliefs have a backing. I'm supposed to just believe that there was a random explosion and things just came to be? Everything on earth shows its was designed that way.

If most people lived by some of the most simplest bible principles the world would be different....

Don't get me wrong I'm in no way trying to get any of you to change your mind but maybe just reason on some of these thoughts. I wasn't even really going to post in this thread because I can tell some are just going to argue and to me there's no point in arguing.

ICD 07-29-2014 11:08 PM

According to the bible the earth is how old?

H22apower 07-30-2014 04:17 AM

^^^^You have to understand what certain things meant in that specific period of time.

The same goes with old literacy.

Also, there is the Old Testament and the New Testament which have old laws and new laws.