AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Pic Requests, Other Cars & Opinions (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   For the few who still lurk around opinions please (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=204172)

IS-Frank 01-04-2018 11:16 PM

For the few who still lurk around opinions please

Ok so lately I’ve been contemplating to sell my is300 I love this car and has been a great car since day one of ownership. it never broke down never left me stranded beside dead battery “knock on wood” and all around just a great great car .but like most of us we get bored with cars “as do I” one can only do so much with a car and get bored so like I said I’ve been contemplating on selling and have had 2 car in mind only these 2

My first option is a New edge mustang GT 1999-2004 manual transmission of course I’ve found a couple in really great shape for a decent price. Yes I know a Mustang right? But I’ve always had a soft spot for these but never pulled the trigger and c’mon V8 American muscle...

My 2nd option which I recently started looking at again is a 1997-2001 prelude SH or non SH and of course 5speed... in my opinion I love this body style since it came out this was the best looking prelude ever made in my opinion I have found several in really great shape and great prices unbelievable on how much the Prices have dropped for these cars

I know both have there ups and downs as far as the models I’m deciding on

I just want to hear your guys/gals opinions if you have ever owned any of these cars and the years I’m looking into getting what’s the pros and cons of these models thank you:slaphands:

Jason.AZ1 01-05-2018 02:47 AM

Only mustang worth having imo is an 2011+
Maybe a terminator but they’re overpriced.
The v8 in that car is lame anyways haha

I’d go prelude over the mustang it’ll probably hold its value better and be more reliable.
Easier and cheaper to mod too.

Better option is ls swap the is300. Lol it isn’t too much I’ve thought about it if my engine blow up.(I daily a IS300 too)

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 01-05-2018 03:29 AM

Honda > anything (especially mustang)

Sneakyhippo 01-05-2018 09:54 AM

I would agree, 2011+ Mustangs is the only one i would buy as well. I've never seen LS swapped IS300 but i also have never looked at one, fun stuff to look up today!

Honda4Life. 01-05-2018 10:55 AM

If you get a Lude, get a 99-01. There were a few changes made in 99 from the 97-98. For starters you get an extra 5hp.

Also the interior pattern is different and I prefer it even though mine has leather.

Then the 99 and up got a different grill that many prefer. To swap a an older style to the 99 up one will cost you over a $100 bucks.

The H22 doesnt mod well. Single thing you can do that will get the most out of any mod is swapping in a Hondata set up.

The back seats are worthless.

If you do get an SH and mod it, atound 250hp at the wheels and the active torq transfer system wont work. In other words, get a Base model and do an LSD in the trans.

Prices have come down but the nice ones are still pulling decent money. Within the last few months on BAT they have sold a couple rising above a $10k selling price.

Currently Ive been contemplating selling mine as it just sits under a car cover.

Dont buy a Mustang please, keep the IS300.

BTW, in March I will have had my Lude for 16yrs and Im the 2nd owner.

Chuck Chainz 01-05-2018 03:09 PM

I hate that Prelude gen with a passion... Rustang... yeah I said it.

IS-Frank 01-05-2018 04:00 PM

Thanks for the input guys.... and yes the 2valve engine in the mustang are worthless yes unless swapped with a terminator or coyote swap I’ve owned several hondas done numerous engine swaps I know B or K is the way to go for a good number set up not a lot available for the H series’s as far as aftermarket items.. also didn’t know about the year difference and good to know about the SH model looks like I’m gonna lean towards the Prelude.... just gotta sell the is300 now

Honda4Life. 01-05-2018 04:44 PM

The 4th gen I think is ugly as all hell. Had a 96 for a few yrs about 20yrs ago now.

The front did look better than the back on the 4th gens though but not much.

The 5th gen styling wise was ahead of the times personally. Just today I took mine out for the 1st time in a while and was asked what it was and who made it. Blew me away as the guy was at least as old as me. Strange the body style is now 22yrs old oversea's, 21 in the US.

Oh Frank, the trunks are worthless, just thought you should know. The way the opening is, many things wont fit.

IS-Frank 01-06-2018 12:04 AM

I know there’s something about this body style that just grabs my attention.... and I rarely see any of these on the road I can’t recall the las time i seen one driving around hence the reason why I’d like to get one be like an outsider because everyone has civics and integras and such and as far as trunk space it really doesn’t matter to me since I’d probably be the only one using it driving it I have 2 other daily drivers besides my is300... I’ve always loved the H22 had one in my cb7 years ago 13 years to be exact

Crazy88 02-03-2018 08:46 PM

I prefer the BB4 to the BB6 personally. I had a '98 SH and if I were to get another BB6 it would be a non SH. The ATTS, or whatever it's called, made the car a pain in the ass to work on (for a Honda). Even changing the oil filter was a bigger pain than it should be. A simple BB4 with an H22 and some bolt-ons isn't a bad DD.

As for the BB6, I can offer this praise: My dad has an all original, very minty 2000 NSX that I've had the pleasure of driving many times. A BB6 with a good suspension has a superficially similar driving experience. Don't laugh. What I mean is: The BB6 dash has an NSX-ish look to it. The seating position, shifter position, and view out the windshield are all reminiscent of an NSX.

As for Mustangs, the 4.6 sucks. If you're looking at a Cobra or Mach 1, they come with a much better engine but they're over priced and not really something you'd want to drive every day.

If you do go with a Mustang, this might provide some motivation: One of my favorite non-Honda build threads. This dude does some amazing shit with 90s Mustangs.

ienk 06-01-2018 06:11 PM

Whoa