AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   On Topic (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Tesla (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=200205)

LS-S DA9 08-30-2015 12:35 PM

There are still PLENTY being dropped a few times a week here at the tesla store. I see 2-3 trucks a week recently. They really need to work on quality control at the factory though. We've adjusted probably half of the hatches and front ends on the new cars due to bad gaps/alignment. As well as way too many transport damages.

Also makes me wonder about trade ins or if anyone has ever tried. Like what if someone tried to trade it in for a Mercedes or truck etc. Does tesla really allow it? They won't reactivate total loss cars as far as ive seen. Would they just shut the car down and attempt to get it back in theor possession or allow the dealer to re sell?

king06 08-30-2015 12:58 PM

Yea, I knew Texas and a couple other states where doing that shit. There's probably going to be more states that are going to follow.

Thinking about it, its not a bad idea to have to sell through dealers, it will keep more money in the community, how much? I don't know.

But then again, if all the manufacturers where like Tesla, we woulndt need dealers.

Alika80 09-30-2015 06:41 AM

It was Model X day yesterday. Here's some coverage:

c'mon Powerball!!!

LS-S DA9 10-01-2015 10:55 PM

I want to wen the power ball too so I can stop working on them. . The new door are going to suck even though the x seems awesome

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Alika80 10-02-2015 09:20 AM

I agree, I hated working on convertible Zs. I can't imagine trying to wrestle one of those doors around trying to fix it.

You work at a body shop right? Not at the Tesla service center, or do you?

LS-S DA9 10-02-2015 10:11 PM

Yes I work at the body shop that fixes them. being one of two tesla certified techs helper ive done I think 7 in the last 2 days... mainly fitment issues from the factory.. I'm so sick of them, I dont think I could be a full tesla tech. But at the same time they dont seem to do much more than send them to the body shop lol.. the new doors are going to suck for adjustment or replacement. And with their current body panel (lack of) alignment I'm going to be a VERY busy man

squishmitten 10-05-2015 08:21 PM

Job security :tits:

LS-S DA9 10-05-2015 08:47 PM

Right! Lol guess i should just deal with it

Alika80 10-06-2015 05:33 AM

squishmitten is right. As much as I hated warranty work, that's exactly what helped when pay periods at the dealership sucked. I'm glad I'm out of there, but I do miss the dealer sometimes...rarely.

So they have some Model Xs already? I really need to stop by there and look at one.

LS-S DA9 10-25-2015 08:14 AM

they gave the first 6 (i believe) model X's out already. the rest arent supposed to be out till later next year i guess..

Alika80 10-27-2015 05:39 AM

Yeah, I knew they delivered the first few in CA. Thought you already worked on one...

Crazy88 04-14-2016 08:51 PM

I think Paul Elio will be the Elon Musk for the working class. His car, unimaginatively named "Elio" is a 1200 lb., 3 wheeled, 3 cylinder powered, 2 seater that tops out at an estimated 84 MPG and has a target (not yet official) price of $6800. This is something that could truly revolutionize transportation not only in America, but everywhere.

This is a vehicle that virtually anyone can afford. It does not need to be charged. It does not have a "range", it goes until it runs out of gas. It uses no new technology, it's just a simple and minimalist vehicle. This is a car that just about anyone here could work on themselves. It will also be built in America in an old GM factory in Shreveport that used to put out Hummers.

Plus, it looks like an airplane with no wings and how cool is that shit? And how long before someone puts a K in one?

*Not trying to threadjack or change the subject, it's just that Tesla makes me think of Elio Motors.

die in a dick fire noob 04-18-2016 08:50 AM

and yet elio still hasn't finished a production car in the how many years it's been working on it?

Koopa Troopa 04-18-2016 09:58 AM

It would work in Europe, but the American public would never go for a car like that. Americans want the 6000 SUX cause bigger is better.

die in a dick fire noob 04-18-2016 04:47 PM

Well there are certainly enough preorders of the elio to sustain it but the problem is the production date and prototyping has been pushed back about 10 times now. The car won't release in 2016 and not even likely in 2017, for a company that made a lot of promises on what they were going to deliver it hasn't and likely won't happen.

theAngryMarmot 04-18-2016 04:58 PM

Actually...

Small car sales in the US have been increasing by about 2% per month over the last year or so.

Considering the growing trend among current "young people" is to not have children ("millennials" have the lowest birth-rate of any generation so far) the small/efficient/cheap segment is growing, and will continue to grow.

Also, Tesla's new model (the "cheap" one) is cool. They have to produce a volume car to make money - to not do so is to fail.

I don't expect much from Elio.

MIRANDA88 04-18-2016 06:45 PM

Got my deposit down on the Model 3

king06 04-18-2016 11:52 PM

Dsquared Upholstery 05-20-2016 10:16 AM

The new Tesla is changing the game for the auto industry. People are finally waking up and realizing the planet cannot continue to run on dead dinosaurs anymore. The Saudis aren't going to be making "Arab money" much longer.

king06 05-22-2016 04:54 PM

I said it before. If that model 3 is $35k it is going to change the world. I wonder what kind of plan the big manufacturers have.

1. Try to destroy Tesla?

2. Come out with electric cars and like the volt, leaf and try to get with the times?

3. Wait till the end, rape people as much as possible till it crashes and burns?

LS-S DA9 05-22-2016 06:19 PM

You forgot the honda fcx and rav4 ev..

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk

king06 05-22-2016 07:03 PM

Did I? I didn't even know they existed. With the resources that ford, chevy, Toyota and Daimler have, somebody would do something worth talking about.

king06 05-22-2016 07:05 PM

Quick search Honda fcx is a joke. Looks like 20 cars since 2007? Hydrogen isn't doing it.

king06 05-22-2016 07:11 PM

Rav4 EV isn't as bad looks like, but range is only 100 ish miles. Limited productions also and the newer models where done with the help of Tesla.

Its just crazy that we don't have better technology since electric cars have been around since before gas engines.

Also, don't forget the gm ev1, it was getting 160 range back in 99?

LS-S DA9 05-22-2016 07:21 PM

And what's the leaf get 75 to 100 miles? But yet it's worth mentioning? And yes I know the newer rav4 ev was tesla helped cause tesla isn't being selfish with their Tech. They want progression across the board and they know they are and still will be in top of the game. Tesla uses ford parts, and alot of mercedes parts and assembly techniques. Honestly if tesla model 3 is under 40k I'm interested in selling my truck, race car, and midori and putting 10k down...

I still believe strongly (especially here in az) the roof, hood, and decklid should be made of solar panels that would charge the car while parked and or assist with ac and such while driving..

king06 05-22-2016 08:01 PM

Leaf is supposed to be 84-107, but yea nowhere close to being able to trav between cities, much less states. I thought I saw a review on YouTube that it was like 70ish. Tesla is willing to do ALOT to help every one including sharing the grid.
Omg Tesla mod 3 will break the world. As soon as the Chinese learn how easy it is to charge the car that market will take off. And solar panels on the roof would look pretty bad ass, I know the fisker did it. Run the ac or heater off of them and increase range by 20-40 miles.

theAngryMarmot 05-22-2016 08:22 PM

You guys are forgetting the BMW i3 - which starts at ~40k.

I have seen them popping up everywhere lately.

And the i8 - which IMO is way cooler than the higher end Tesla models. The Model S may be faster...but the i8 is so much cooler.

At least BMW is working on a couple interesting electric cars.

Mazda has also been testing the Mazda 2 based EVs here in the valley too.....

LS-S DA9 05-22-2016 09:28 PM

The prius did too. solar roof for ac assist.. but now if you made the hood, roof, decklid solar panels it could assist even more..
I skip doors, fender and quarters in my theory due to typical door dings, driver errors, shopping carts etc damaging them.. now a car COVERED in solar panels would deff assist in charging and or ac, heat, radio, video display would be awesome but you must make them VERY durable.

The i3 is an ugly piece of shit imo. The i8 on the other hand is badass looks wise. But doesn't it start at the high end tesla pricing? Plus the tesla display console is just bad ass.. HD reverse camera, internet, etc..

king06 05-22-2016 09:53 PM

Didnt the I8 fail really bad on top gear? Supposed 22 miles per charge and they ended up getting 11-15. Supposed 135 mpg, top gear got 30 ish? Car looks cool and the technology is pretty bad ass. Pretty sure several lawsuits have been filed against BMW on both i3 and i8 models.

$130k price tag looks like.

The model s is a sexy looking car, safe, fast, safe lol. I would like a p90 just rear wheel drive. Would be interesting to see 300 mile range on a stripped down version. Go a week before it needs a charge. Get a drive train from a model s and put it into a insight or gods chariot, crx. Lol

LS-S DA9 05-22-2016 10:01 PM

The battery wouldn't fit though and that's the distance... the batteries are large about 4ft by 6ft roughly and heavy as hell. It's not the motor that makes the distance it's the battery and use..