AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   THUNDERDOME (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   Street Car .... or Street registered Drag Car?? (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=199898)

AZ_CIVIC 12-08-2014 09:44 AM

You mean my intentional request to get deleted knowing I had another user account I created 5 years ago and use when I want to troll? Not to mention everyone who keeps posting is doing so to poke fun at you regarding "Street Cars" and are just having fun. Your definition of Street car changes as much as a babies diapers. The point people are making that you seem not to grasp is that there are 9 second cars with roll cages, running on E85, with Kirkey seats, 5 point harnesses, who swap their rims for a full set of slicks at the track and also DD them are street cars.

You are hung up on using my car because I choose not to DD the thing. What people are trying to make clear to you is that if I choose to actually DD the car everyday I could with no problem. I could DD it with my Kirkey seat, harness and cage. It is not designed for comfort but I could street drive it everyday.

If I told you I drove my car every single weekend and took it on trips to Prescott or around the valley and put at least 1000 miles a month on the car you would still find a reason to say it's not a street car. I could sell my other cars and DD it 7 days a week and you would still find a reason to say it is not a street car. This is why most have stopped debating and are just screwing around having fun.

theAngryMarmot 12-08-2014 09:55 AM

No, I mean your intentional request to be deleted because you got so butthurt, couldn't realize/handle a debate, and went all drama queen on it.

But call it whatever you want, backtracking is easy when you have a couple possible excuses!

The point you can't grasp is the difference between technicality and opinion. Who said I am not poking fun? This is the funniest part of this whole thing. I am obviously posting my opinion. You are countering with a technicality. One of us got mad and started insulting everyone........

You are hung up on taking things out of context. I never said you had to DD a car for to be IMO a street car - it just has to actually see the street often. It is a percentage of use thing. I have said this 1000x times. And of course you wouldn't DD a Kirkey - they are not comfortable for such things.

If you actually drove your car on the street often, and more than the time you spend racing it, getting it ready to race, and modding it to race - then I would gladly proclaim your car to be a street car.

You keep thinking that I care, or that this is some sort of personal vendetta. At the end of the day you could call your car a Helicopter and I wouldn't care - it is your car. But better believe I will have some laughs at your expense in debating what you call it. History here has proven quite a many times I have no issue debating for pages and pages waiting for the inevitable opposing party to get mad or take it personal.

I like how you keep implying I am being serious - as I am posting tractors, indycars, bumper cars, and making fun of my own car........lol

Fix.it.again.Tony 12-08-2014 10:01 AM

imagine how fast you'd get to work if you took the civic lol

theAngryMarmot 12-08-2014 10:02 AM

Depends on if I had to stop for gas on the way

AZ_CIVIC 12-08-2014 10:06 AM

Cool, Paul just said I have a Street Car!!!!

You're right though that 30 minutes it takes for me to get it ready to race is hard core bro LOL. I mean I have to load it up, put my slick on at the track and put some gas into it, by the time I am done getting it ready to race I can barely lift my arms. And the modding, don't even go there changing the oil after a couple of Friday night drags is too much, I mean I got to get a heavy jack and pump it up, then pull the drain plug off and go to Vato Zone is crazy. I will skip the washing of the car because man that is pain.:lmao:

theAngryMarmot 12-08-2014 10:19 AM

You must be the fastest mechanic alive since all that engine work, suspension work, chassis work, tuning, etc basically cost zero time! Because I know that you couldnt have done all that mainly just to go faster in the quarter!

AZ_CIVIC 12-08-2014 11:05 AM

Of course there is initial time to do work however my car has been complete and running since January.

The only thing I have done since then really is add gas and change oil. I added a Kirkey seat and window net which was done the same day. I added roll bar padding to certain areas of the cage which took me about 20 minutes. Now I added a parachute that can detach from the car whenever I want. So maybe a week total this year for modding and 30 minutes of prep before I race, not a big deal if you ask me. Oh I forgot I got an alignment at Network twice this year and both times I drove it there and back, oh I also got my cage certified but I drove it down to Locash and drove it back home. Oh and my tune same thing drove it to Locash, watched him tune it and drove home.

Kind of like your Miatas, they are down when you are doing work but back up and driving once done.

Fix.it.again.Tony 12-08-2014 11:17 AM

my tune also required driving to jack in the box and getting them tacos

AZ_CIVIC 12-08-2014 11:37 AM

those be berry berry gud. I am trying to work out a deal with Joe buy 10 tunes get 1 free.

Fix.it.again.Tony 12-08-2014 01:35 PM

my tune was discounted since my RSX didn't have full vtec lol

Crono 12-08-2014 01:36 PM

sheep balls

Sales@RC's Garage 12-08-2014 01:38 PM

^no

theAngryMarmot 12-08-2014 02:20 PM

I actually work on them while driving.

lol. Obviously when "down" they are not driving.

But I can call my Miatas what they are - street cars. I don't go around calling them race cars when they spend basically no time being used as a race car. All my mods were meant for the street. Not to satisfy a racing class requirement. I don't have to change anything to make them street capable/comfortable/safe/reliable.
;)

PhxKid92 12-08-2014 05:42 PM

Miatas are safe? Lol

theAngryMarmot 12-08-2014 05:50 PM

Quite.

I have been rear ended twice while sitting at lights, and sideswiped by a F450 and trailer.

Walked away from all that without even a scratch. The "Silly Slow" oddballs keep slinging them off the Flats and never get hurt...

I would rather get in an accident in a Miata than a handful of other cars that people would consider "safer."

That being said, they are not safer than a midsize sedan, SUV, truck or something. I would much rather get slammed into while in one of the work trucks (quad cab duallys) than my car.

But if I had to choose between something like a new Miata and say, something like a Chevy Spark, Toyota Yaris, Hyundai Accent - I think I would choose the Miata.

They are safer than what most people think and are surprising at how well they deal with impacts.

Jason.AZ1 12-08-2014 07:04 PM

I don't care what none of y'all say but ef hatch's are built like fucking tanks!
Safest cars on the road!

THE Slow 5.oh? 12-08-2014 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Street car putos.

Jason.AZ1 12-08-2014 07:38 PM

Not a street car has only one head light!

theAngryMarmot 12-08-2014 08:18 PM

Pssshhh - has too many stickers to be street car.

Joking aside - supposedly he does DD that thing often....If so, then that is a real street car.

THE Slow 5.oh? 12-08-2014 09:13 PM

Lol yeah, all joking aside, hahahaa...I just posted because its half way relevant to this thread and was I pretty impressed with the 8.1E.T from a full weight supra......with A/C..

theAngryMarmot 12-08-2014 09:25 PM

And is driven on the street often. IMO that is what makes a street car a street car.

THE Slow 5.oh? 12-08-2014 09:53 PM

Exactly, if a car spends more time on the street on a regular basis, then it spends on the track...its a street car.

1 point 6 12-09-2014 06:27 AM

theAngryMarmot 12-09-2014 07:44 AM

PhxKid92 12-09-2014 07:56 AM

Yep, this sums this thread up perfectly lol

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth 12-09-2014 08:08 AM

Avoid racist comment dealing with Ferguson/Phoenix/New York situation currently happening.

Colten79 12-11-2014 08:07 PM

I just wanna Blink182 Paul's Miata now.. ;)

BoostedJ 12-13-2014 10:40 PM

Whoa! you guys are crazy!

theAngryMarmot 12-13-2014 10:59 PM

What does that mean.

What is a blink182?