AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   On Topic (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   The Interview (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=200039)

Jason.AZ1 12-19-2014 06:21 PM

The Interview

They pulled the movie after the company got cyber bullied.
Also threaten about violance or something.

I think Sony/US should have flex on "North Korea" and called their bluff.
I feel pulling the movie wasn't the smartest thing.

What all y'all think?

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 12-19-2014 06:55 PM

I think they should have just put it out for free to everyone anywhere.

Make it accessible by all, whats NK gonna do, nuke everyone ?

Jason.AZ1 12-19-2014 07:25 PM

Imo I think they should follow through and release it to the movies like normal.
I don't think NK really wants to test America.
They need to be smart enough not to start a war over a movie cause it won't end well for anyone esp them.

Koopa Troopa 12-19-2014 08:53 PM

I think this is the world's greatest marketing campaign for a direct to video movie.

Spec C 12-19-2014 09:47 PM

Doubtful. Highly doubt SONY hacked their own shit, in order to pump up this movie. There was a lot of damage done. The hackers are releasing movies, and a lot of data from SONY.

I am sure Sony pulled the movie because of the liability of the whole thing. If North Korea threatens the US and it's Citizens with violence, they release the movie, and some shithead shoots up a movie theater directly related to North Korea or not, Sony doesn't want to deal with the blow-back.

The whole thing is a mess. Guess we just gotta see how it pans out from here.

Koopa Troopa 12-20-2014 12:08 AM

Sony didn't have to do anything. The publicity Best Korea has drawn to this movie is priceless. I'm sure plenty of people who didn't want to see another Seth Rogen movie are probably dying to now see this either out of spite for Best Korea, or just to see what all the fuss is about.

This movie will be released. Do you think the people who invested the money for the movie's budget of $44,000,000 aren't going to want their money back?

H22apower 12-20-2014 01:29 AM

Eeeeeeh, Sony is ALWAYS getting hacked.

Jason.AZ1 12-20-2014 08:45 AM

From what was said movie threator were pulling out ;)
And I guess Sony didn't want backlash like mentioned but they should have released it via red box, vudo, ppv, etc.....

That's actually pretty funny haha

Spec C 12-20-2014 09:56 AM

And that is a "marketing campaign" how? Do you know what a marketing campaign is?

Obviously there is a lot of buzz surrounding the movie now, and a ton of publicity, no denying that.

Sony is gunna lose on this deal no matter how you slice it.

Koopa Troopa 12-20-2014 11:31 AM

A_integra1012 12-20-2014 02:00 PM

Word is sony us going to release it again after what the president said

Spec C 12-20-2014 02:59 PM

Koopa Troopa 12-20-2014 09:06 PM

Nachooooosupreme 12-20-2014 09:50 PM

Put that shit on DVD exclusive watch it go platinum!!!

Spec C 12-20-2014 10:06 PM

And that that makes this all a marketing campaign? Lol Christ.

Keep grasping. That has nothing to do with anything I said. I never said they wouldn't release it. You made it sound like this whole thing was a brilliant plot by SONY.

You're just a fucking moron with little grasp of the English language, tried to play it off as you being facetious, now are back to "see I was right". Make up your mind.

This will go no where though. So you win brah. Epic marketing campaign.

H22apower 12-20-2014 11:07 PM

The Interview

All I know is, I had special screening passes and now they are being used to scoop up my dogs poop off my back porch.

💩

Koopa Troopa 12-20-2014 11:23 PM

What was that about backpedaling?

Is it impossible to joke about something while making a point at the same time? I linked you to the definition for tongue-in-cheek because you're taking a post that wasn't meant to be a serious post waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fucking seriously. Do I need to include a smiley face in my future posts for you to not assume everything on the internet is a serious matter?

By the way, where is the proof that Sony even got hacked? The only actual evidence of this hacking is Sony saying they got hacked, and conflicting articles from media outlets reporting that Sony got hacked.

LS-S DA9 12-21-2014 12:07 AM

Korea now says they didnt do it and they want to be allies in the search of who did or else they take action against us....

Koopa Troopa 12-21-2014 01:21 AM

Every time Best Korea makes a threat, I think of this scene.

Spec C 12-21-2014 07:49 AM

Yes... They are going to lose... Because they lost a lot(a fuck ton) of sensitive information. I can't expect you to understand that because you lack reading comprehension. Even if they make money on this movie they lose. This isn't a good thing for SONY.

There has been quite a bit of proof, as the hackers dumped multiple unreleased movies onto file sharing sites, among releasing a lot of personal information, social security numbers, embarrassing emails etc.

Are you now back to saying it's a marketing campaign, or even a hoax?

Koopa Troopa 12-21-2014 08:04 AM

Where is all this sensitive information? Have you seen it for yourself or are you just regurgitating what you've read?

Spec C 12-21-2014 09:25 AM

Seen it with my own eyes as it unfolded on reddit, the end of November onward. Did you actually look into any of this or just talking out your ass..... Again? Lol

All this shit was getting posted in plain sight.

I'm not even saying it was really North Korea. I have no clue. But it was real and it's not something Sony wanted to happen.

BoostedJ 12-21-2014 12:58 PM

Nuk'um, no really they should have not pulled the movie. Never show weakness!

Chuck Chainz 12-21-2014 05:55 PM

The good ol U.S of A has had its balls cut off and turned into a vagina! :samuri:

theAngryMarmot 12-23-2014 02:48 PM

Well, this is what happens when you elect an administration that is more concerned with their golf game - than foreign policy.

Like anyone in the world would take Obama seriously after his fake crying on TV and his "workout" pics showing him breaking a sweat over something a 10 year old could do.

Previously the weakest showing of power in the world was N. Korea's paper mache "missles" they tried to pass off as real ones - now that has been eclipsed by our President and his weak foreign policy and his failure to address what is going on in the world with any validity. Russian could probably invade Florida tomorrow, and he would just concede and run back to a golf vacation.

Koopa Troopa 12-23-2014 04:47 PM

The Interview is being screened at select theaters.

Jason.AZ1 12-23-2014 05:09 PM

Beat me to it.

A few here in Az are showing it

Chuck Chainz 12-23-2014 05:13 PM

Great move Sony! Way to boost them Xmas movie ticket sales!

Koopa Troopa 12-23-2014 06:13 PM

I imagine The Loft will be showing it followed by an all night John Carpenter movie marathon, but not the good John Carpenter movies. It will be all the shitty John Carpenter movies because those ones have some kind of "art" to them that I must have missed while I was asleep. It will be 8 hours of shitty movies followed by a Q&A and autograph signing from some boom operator who worked on the set of one of the movies.

Damn, I was wrong on the second part. The Loft must have stepped up their game, or lost it. Either or.

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 12-23-2014 08:27 PM

Greatest. Marketing. Plan. evaR!