AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Official 2014 Thread(progress, goals, whatever) (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=195424)

Spec C 03-03-2014 12:27 PM

It's likely a weak posterior chain. Combined with form.

I have a very good idea what's going on but can't confirm without seeing it.

Fix.it.again.Tony 03-03-2014 12:36 PM

I will try to get a vid

Spec C 03-03-2014 01:03 PM

Get it directly from the side.

Dsquared Upholstery 03-03-2014 03:50 PM

haha!

LALO 03-03-2014 04:52 PM

Watch a baby toddler squat down.

crx88 03-03-2014 11:59 PM

what about doing splits? they work good too. shes lacking balance then if she falls back. umm. maybe doing them without any weight until she gets the form right. then add the bar, then weights.

Fix.it.again.Tony 03-04-2014 07:27 AM

she hasn't used any weights yet, I am just trying to get her form correct first

bmxican 03-04-2014 07:58 AM

I will have a nice transformation to post by mid april or so. I was doing good up until september when I was sent to a new account. From there it went downhill with long hours at work, and shitty eating and no working out. Straightened everything out and man, is my body rebounding nicely.

Fix.it.again.Tony 03-04-2014 08:47 AM

I kind of feel the same, I can notice an improvement in my shoulders/chest already after 3 weeks or so of my workouts.

if I was in really good shape before and just lost it, is the "muscle memory" really that profound to where I can notice changes that quickly?

I know my stomach is improving but nowhere near the rate my upper body is, but that is more diet and stuff right?

bmxican 03-04-2014 09:20 AM

the stomach is all diet pretty much. Depending on your body type, its where you hold the most fat/stubborn fat. Generally we all cry about the stomach area so thats a given. I tend to have lots of love handles/back fat.

The muscle memory for me now comes back very quickly, but I also tend to do more cardio at first than weight lifting to get in to the swing. I hate cardio, and love weights, but I know the cardio shows results faster in the sense of changing my look.

Fix.it.again.Tony 03-04-2014 09:36 AM

I am short / stocky, I guess it's easy to pack muscle, hard to lose fat lol

bmxican 03-04-2014 10:15 AM

also realize what foods bloat you up and seem to have you gain fat rather easily. Listen to your body.

Fix.it.again.Tony 03-04-2014 10:19 AM

well i totally cut out soda, I don't have as much bread/pasta as I used to

I definitely feel less distended for sure, just waiting on my favorite jeans to fit a little more comfortably lol

bmxican 03-04-2014 11:13 AM

for someone like you remember, cardio is key. As much as we hate it, we need it more than some others.

Fix.it.again.Tony 03-04-2014 12:16 PM

3 times a week between the lifting days?

bmxican 03-04-2014 01:58 PM

If you have time I would crank that up. Even do some light 30 minute walks before or after weights. Guys that tend to be huskier just need that extra cardio.

usdm420 03-04-2014 02:09 PM

Cut out fried foods. Sodium will def bloat you up.
If you're trying to shed fat, the key is diet, and always will be. Hell, it's key in bulking...diet diet diet. I drop fat with very minimal cardio (15 minute sessions after lifting).
I'm down from 306 to 257 in just over a year. And that's WITH breaks and slacking periods.

Fix.it.again.Tony 03-04-2014 02:12 PM

I do a 15 minute warmup and some bicycle time after my lifting, but tues/thursday I do all cardio for 1.5 hrs ranging from hill jogging to steep incline walking

Fix.it.again.Tony 03-04-2014 02:15 PM

trying to do that, I used to enjoy hash browns for breakfast, gone. even on wings night I get a sandwich now from jersey mikes.

I guess I am just impatient, I have really been sticking to the diet for 3 months, now adding the exercise routine for the past 4 weeks.

bmxican 03-04-2014 02:45 PM

consistency is key. you are already at 3+ months, keep going no point in looking or failing! Heck if you do binge eat or have that tub of ice cream, start clean again the next day and keep at it. Remember you can ruin 1 day/night, but you always have a clean slate the next day.

I was just able to introduce hash browns to my breakfast again. I cook it in coconut oil though. :smile:

Spec C 03-04-2014 02:49 PM

This isn't really true. If water intake is high, it isn't a problem. It becomes a problem in sedentary people, with mediocre water consumption.

I encourage people to keep sodium relatively high personally.

Fix.it.again.Tony 03-04-2014 02:54 PM

I think there is a good sodium level in the steaks and chickens I eat, and I can't have a salad without ranch lol.

I do consume a few 20oz cups of water during work

bmxican 03-05-2014 08:05 AM

cut that ranch out, at best it better be very low cal or just plain fat free. There are plenty of condiments like some vinaigrettes that help with taste. Just cut that ranch out for a while.

I don't watch per say my sodium intake, because I myself don't need a lot of it. I do take in lots of eggs and other foods that already have a good or even high amount of sodium. But with my high intake of water I'm pretty good.

None the less, you should just worry about dropping fat not some bloat lol.

Fix.it.again.Tony 03-05-2014 08:48 AM

I only have maybe 2 tbsp of ranch in the large salad, it would be a great battle to remove it lol.

I burned ~1170 calories for my cardio day yesterday, 15 min warmup on the elliptical, then an hour of hill intervals on the treadmill ranging from 3% to 15% inclines, then we jogged to the grocery store for some supplies

whole core was aching this morning lol

Spec C 03-05-2014 09:12 AM

Ranch is fine.. It comes down to staying within the confines of certain macros at the end of the day. If you have room for 15g of fat, doesn't matter if it comes from ranch dressing IMO.

bmxican 03-05-2014 09:25 AM

We are talking simple terms. I rather have that fat come from some nuts/avocados/ etc. But again, I think we might be getting too strict for someone that doesn't have the knowledge or just getting started.

I always try to help people and make it as simple as possible. At the end of the day, it is very simple, and as humans we some times try to over complicate things.

Spec C 03-05-2014 09:45 AM

I mean it depends how specific you want to get, and what ideals you subscribe to. There are people out there who think fat from nuts are shit due to the poor omega 6/3 ratio, and one should mainly consume things like coconut/mct oil, animal fats, etc.

Secondly we are talking about two table spoons of ranch a day(15g fat), not getting an entire days worth of fat from ranch dressing. It will make absolutely ZERO difference in health, or physique if you replace 2 tablespoons of ranch with 2 tablespoons of nut butter for example.

The fat in ranch dressing is comprised typically of vegitable oil, and egg yolks. Not all that bad. And I am sure you can make your own ranch that is even better in terms of quality of fat.

I am all for simple...That is why I say if you want to eat 2 tablespoons of ranch on your salad do so..heh

Fix.it.again.Tony 03-05-2014 10:02 AM

Well thanks for breaking it down for me,

I looked at it from a standpoint of, I still want to be able to enjoy some of my favorite foods, if it means I have to work harder in the gym, so be it.

Soda and junk food I can survive without, but sushi, ranch, peanut butter, occasional starbucks, etc, I enjoy eating and don't mind the cost of calories or fat :)

usdm420 03-05-2014 10:10 AM

Really? WTF? I've never heard of high sodium being a good thing in any aspect.

Fix.it.again.Tony 03-05-2014 10:22 AM

helps you retain water and maintain PH

but he said mid to high lol, I doubt he has a salt lick