AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   THUNDERDOME (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   Street Car .... or Street registered Drag Car?? (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=199898)

theAngryMarmot 12-02-2014 06:35 PM

Nope

Stop trying to include me in you and Crono's battle. I didn't say anything about your cars ability to turn. To be honest, I haven't even really read you two's little quips back and forth.

Part of it at least. lol. This is what happens when you poke at a drag racer's ego I suppose lol.

I suppose we needed some drama.

Sales@RC's Garage 12-02-2014 06:41 PM

Crono 12-02-2014 06:43 PM

Yes to all those things. Easy, stupid, and just press the gas and go straight.
Except I can't make it run 9s and still be a fun street car, since that's impossible. so I'll concede to you there.

We already know the outcome of my car vs. your car in a straight line. But you did once say you'd turn on your traction control and... well.. I'll just quote you.

Guess you forgot.

Post #30 from this thread:

Those were your words, no? So I guess I'll see you this coming January?

AZ_CIVIC 12-02-2014 06:51 PM

This is exactly what I said

"Also just because my car hits the drag strip doesn't mean that's all it can do, I have a top of the line suspension on my car. Don't make me swap the skinnies for my street wheels, turn my traction control on and show you what my car will do to yours LOL.

Just kidding don't get all butt hurt and offended" guess you didn't see this right below right?

Crono 12-02-2014 06:55 PM

I am/was never butthurt. But I am genuinely curious.

Are you coming out or not?

Sales@RC's Garage 12-02-2014 06:58 PM

i'll race either of you for slips at WHP east DAWG!

*throws down mic*

Oh wait, neither of you has a racing license with NASA

Nevermind.

theAngryMarmot 12-02-2014 07:02 PM

Darn. I was going to volunteer to be the Ref and hold the money.

lol.

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 12-02-2014 07:06 PM

Zing!

No but really someone deleted my posts? and i wasnt even arguing.

Sales@RC's Garage 12-02-2014 07:06 PM

I tried :(

But seriously. This whole thread has been a lawl on so many levels.

Get back to the enthusiasm.

I'm ashamed to be associated at times.

AZ_CIVIC 12-02-2014 07:39 PM

True that, I am only NHRA Licensed.

AZ_CIVIC 12-02-2014 07:43 PM

Nope, why would I go out to a road racing event? I didn't get an NHRA License for road racing right?

I am currently getting ready for events that relate to my car, getting my Stroud Parachute setup done with my car as we speak.

Sales@RC's Garage 12-02-2014 07:49 PM

Yup, alas our paths shall never cross on the track :(

theAngryMarmot 12-02-2014 08:05 PM

No posts were deleted. They are either here, or in the other thread.

vtakdis 12-02-2014 08:09 PM

I can tell you my 13 boss 302 is a great weekend racer/dd/track whore while being 100% stock with a/c and all the creature comforts. Power is great I think the interior is perfect and it's great looking car.... All stock with a set of slicks I'm more then confident the car would pull high 11s and drive home with pump gas no cage and with the ac or heat on And it only makes 444 hp and weighs @3500 lbs

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 12-02-2014 08:15 PM

LOL only 444 noice!

Jason.AZ1 12-02-2014 08:30 PM

:rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:
:flush:

vtakdis 12-02-2014 08:38 PM

Guessing i should have went through the whole thread before posting lol looks my reply is a little off topic now

Sales@RC's Garage 12-02-2014 08:39 PM

You are a little late for the party lol

vtakdis 12-02-2014 08:41 PM

Apparently so lol next time read before posting haha

Sales@RC's Garage 12-02-2014 09:09 PM

fiesta!

vtakdis 12-02-2014 09:28 PM

I hear those are good drag cars!

91DAKID 12-02-2014 09:36 PM

Dont make your pace car your race car.

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth 12-03-2014 09:15 AM

you rang?

C.R.A.Y. 12-03-2014 09:50 AM

i just think its funny how the coyote stock guys are running 9's with their factory sealed stock motors and honda guys arent impressed. smh too many fanboys

Fix.it.again.Tony 12-03-2014 10:33 AM

What about the rivalry between LS guys and Coyote guys? Does either engine have any major advantage over the other?

AZ_CIVIC 12-03-2014 10:41 AM

What's funny is when people think a stock Coyote, 'factory sealed' motor is some how comparable to a factory sealed Honda motor. Has nothing to do with being fanboys, you're basically buying a fully built 5.0 liter V8 motor out of the box. Than on top of the already stock 435 horsepower fully built motor, you get a company like Bama Performance who puts another 7-10k worth of parts including 150-200 shot nitrous plate kit on race gas. who also dropped well over 500 pounds out of the car. So should Honda guys be impressed with that 9.91 pass with a car making probably 650 to 700 horsepower?

Unfortunately stock 1.8 liter 4 cylinder 160whp GSR motors don’t come fully built from the factory like a Coyote motor. Our motors don't have the same great parts like below.

5.0L V8 (Coyote)
435 HP @ 6500 RPM
400 LB-FT (on 93 octane)
87 HP/LITER
7000 RPM redline
3,705 lbs curb weight (manual)
3,729 lbs curb weight (automatic)
53/47 weight distribution
8.52 pounds per horsepower
155 MPH top speed

Sintered-iron forged Boss-like 302 rods and springs
Upgrade valvetrain and cylinder heads with improved port design
Larger valves and cams
New intake manifold with charge motion-control valves
Redesigned piston tops
Balanced forged crank
11:1 compression ratio
Even more detailed changes:
New cams with 1mm more intake lift and 2mm more lift on the exhaust side
New cylinder heads with revised high-flow ports and slightly larger valves
Mid-lock cam phasers to provide greater range of cam timing on the intake side
A revised intake manifold with charge-motion control valves.
The forged connecting rods from the current Boss 302 engine
The forged balanced crank from the current Boss 302 engine
The valve springs from the current Boss 302 engine
Standard oil cooler

AZ_CIVIC 12-03-2014 11:00 AM

I also remember seeing this a few years ago when I was on Real Street Performance website buying parts. s2000 Bone Stock 4 cylinder Motor running 9.5 @ 147.

C.R.A.Y. 12-03-2014 12:30 PM

lol, now factory cast internal motors are fully built? these are naturally aspirated factory longblocks with stock programming... smh

All racers have the same horsepower courtesy of FRPP’s sealed NMRA Coyote Stock Crate Engine. (FRPP Part number: M-6007-M50S -conservatively rated at 412 horsepower and 390 foot pounds of torque.)

Internally, this is exactly the same DOHC 5.0 engine that’s been powering Mustang GTs since the 2011 model year. The only difference is the M50S engines are sealed at the cam covers, timing cover, and intake manifold. Nothing can be changed except the oil.

Tampering with the electronic tuning of the engine is also off-limits. All racers run a “spec tune” provided by NMRA, with each racer’s ECU flash-reset to NMRA specifications before each round of qualifying and eliminations, just to be sure.

Transmissions are limited to either street-type Tremec 5-speeds, or the venerable Ford C4 for the automatic crowd.

All competitors must use a bias ply racing slick, no larger than 28×10. 1-3/4″ headers and 3″ exhaust allowed. Mufflers required.

Race weight for all combinations is 3150 lbs. Stock-style suspensions only, please.

those are class rules. that run 10.50's out the box full weight... the guys that still use a factory sealed motor with tune and some weight out the car are in the 9's... the guys with a power adder on the factory sealed motor are almost in the 8's.

Coyote motor is a more advanced motor than anything honda has made to date. if you cant respect that sorry, youre a fanboy

Mop 12-03-2014 01:35 PM

Traitor!

AZ_CIVIC 12-03-2014 02:00 PM

Great, never said that Honda makes a better factory motor, in fact my response was that a stock Coyote motor utilizes a lot better quality parts and makes way more power than a factory built Honda motor. However the way you imply that a Coyote motor is just some factory cast motor makes it sound like you're trying to say it’s just some simple motor no better than a Honda.

It’s like me saying oh an LS7 is just some factory cast motor no big deal. Except for the fact that
“LS7 engines are assembled by hand at GM's new Performance Build Center in Wixom , Mich. The exacting standards to which they are built include deck-plate boring and honing of the cylinders and even crank line-boring of the block with the deck plates and side bolts installed - procedures normally associated with the building of racing engines and almost unheard of in a production-vehicle engine.”

“In many ways, the LS7 is a racing engine in a street car," said Dave Muscaro, assistant chief engineer of small-block V-8 for passenger cars. "We've taken much of what we've learned over the years from the 7.0-liter C5R racing program and instilled it here.”

Block configuration cast aluminum with pressed-in cylinder sleeves and 6-bolt, CNC machined forged steel main bearing caps – Sounds like a sleeved block

aluminum flat-top pistons

They're connected to a precision-balanced forged steel crankshaft

Titanium rods weigh just 480 grams apiece

Pressed-in cylinder sleeves are used to allow the large 104.8-mm bore while the six-bolt, doweled-in-place CNC-machined forged steel main caps offer the superior strength required at the LS7's power level.

Complete CNC porting of each cylinder head is performed on state-of-the-art five-axis milling machines, which carve out the intake ports, exhaust ports and combustion chambers with mathematical precision. – I sent my head off to Performance CNC to get the same process done.

The heads feature 70-cc combustion chambers that are fed by huge, 56-mm-diameter titanium intake valves. The lightweight titanium valves each weigh 21 grams.

To accommodate the extremely high valve lift and the large ports, 1.8:1 roller rocker arms - offset on the intake side - and raised valve spring seats are used.
On the exhaust side, racing-style hydroformed steel tubular exhaust headers are used. The individual header tubes meet at a special quad-outlet collector flange at the very tip of the header outlet where they smoothly enter into a "wide-mouth" catalytic converter. This system design approach greatly contributes to the Z06's backpressure. The four rectangular sections of the flange smooth the exhaust flow out of the engine.
Hydroformed exhaust headers are unique to the LS7 and are a specialty even among racing engines.

I can go on and on with this motor, I HAVE high respect for this motor, the detail, the engineers who designed and built this. So with everything done by the factory there is no need to open this motor and play with it, the work was already done by the factory so yes this motor in a car with some additional power adders it can be a monster. If you don't think the list of mods the factory performs on this motor doesn't make it a built motor you are Cray.