AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   On Topic (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Marana incident (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=201063)

king06 04-15-2015 01:16 AM

Marana incident

1. Robbed convenience store

2. Broke into a church

3. Invaded a house and stole a car

4. Stole a rifle from wally

Koopa Troopa 04-15-2015 05:23 AM

Assuming that dude can get a good lawyer then that cop will be immediately fired, and all charges will be dropped. Looks like an 8th amendment violation to me.

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 04-15-2015 06:32 AM

LOL cus they said dude was "run down" but he clearly flies up into the air. LOL

Koopa Troopa 04-15-2015 06:37 AM

He could have fired in the air for a number of reasons. One of those reasons being a sensitive trigger. Did he only fire one shot in the air, or several shots?

I'm still standing on the side of he's walking with a good lawyer.

Chuck Chainz 04-15-2015 06:38 AM

They should've just :guns: the fucker!

AZ_CIVIC 04-15-2015 06:42 AM

Good lawyer will not save this guy, my brother is a criminal defense lawyer and this dude is still screwed. Tops they fire the cop, however the dude was shooting rounds and walking towards a crowded parking area.

They should have shot his ass dead and called it a day.

Fix.it.again.Tony 04-15-2015 07:22 AM

nothing good comes out of marana

teamgrn 04-15-2015 10:30 AM

yeh, if hes alive, hes lucky. cause usually people like that are shot down. i wouldve shot him if he was coming my way with that B.S.

Koopa Troopa 04-15-2015 11:03 AM

Hey now, I came out of Marana....

Oh wait, shit. :bolt:

Crono 04-15-2015 11:10 AM

I am against police brutality. I hate most cops with a passion. I think many are good for nothing pigs on power trips.

But that guy deserved to get run over.

4dr_ed3 04-15-2015 12:22 PM

my wife came out of marana.....

Paul's best friend 04-15-2015 12:58 PM

When breaking the law you should expect any and all out comes.

Hats off to this officer for putting a quick end to the situation.

IS-Frank 04-15-2015 04:48 PM

They should've waited to negotiate with the guy first cop was doing the correct thing....still the guy was in the wrong walking around shooting but still could've been done a different way....

die in a dick fire noob 04-15-2015 07:11 PM

had he not had a rifle i would agree.

IS-Frank 04-15-2015 07:40 PM

I under stand about the rifle part but there could've been other ways of force to bring him down.....I know what a cop goes thru in situations like this I've had close family friends that were police and they say it's either them or the suspect....now if hew was pointing at the police I wouldn't think twice to run him over....

These are just my opinions.

....I was reading the you tube comments and some one said "if it was a black man it would've been all over the news and everyone would be protesting and what not, but since it's a Latino or if it was a Caucasian nothing major..." again what's in parentheses is a comment on you tube that is not my statement but I can agree and understand what the person is comingat...

phatman 04-15-2015 09:13 PM

I watched both dash cams.

Watching the first officer, the man looked back at the officer on a number of occasions with absolutely no fear. You see another person walking by as the officer is following. That's a busy commercial area in Marana. The dude had a reason for being out there with a gun, and thusly a danger to everyone around him. Blatantly walked into Wal-Mart, grabbed the gun and ammo. He's lucky he wasn't shot. Deadly force is deadly force, whether it's from a pistol or a car. I'm fine with how the office took the man down.

Paul's best friend 04-15-2015 09:29 PM

AZ_CIVIC 04-16-2015 07:03 AM

If the cop would have pulled next to him and got out of the car, that guy would have most likely turned around and pointed the rifle at the cop. At that point that is all the cops would have needed to kill the dude. The dash cam from the cop car shows the dude blasting rounds off, not to mention his family said he was suicidal and probably wanted to die. So the cop hit the dude and from the video you can see the cop clipped the guy with the corner of the squad car. This dude wasn’t hurt in anyway and if you look at his mug shot not a scratch on his face and looks just fine. If anything the cop saved the dudes life.

Fix.it.again.Tony 04-16-2015 08:25 AM

From Wiki:

Deadly force, as defined by the United States Armed Forces, is the force which a person uses, causing—or that a person knows, or should know, would create a substantial risk of causing—death, serious bodily harm, or injury. In most jurisdictions, the use of deadly force is justified only under conditions of extreme necessity as a last resort, when all lesser means have failed or cannot reasonably be employed.[1][2]

Firearms, bladed weapons, explosives, and vehicles are among those weapons the use of which is considered deadly force. The use of nontraditional-weapons in an offensive manner, such as a baseball bat, sharp pencil, tire iron or other, may also be considered deadly force.

ironically the next paragraph is this:

"In the United States, the use of deadly force is often granted to law enforcement officers when the person or people in question are believed to be an immediate danger to people around them. For example, an armed man flaunting a firearm in a shopping mall without regard to the safety of those around him, and refusing or being unwilling to negotiate, would warrant usage of deadly force, as a means to protect others. The use of deadly force is also authorized when a person poses a significant threat to a law enforcement officer, usually when the officer is at risk of serious bodily injury or death. This is governed by the Tennessee v. Garner ruling in 1985 in which the U.S. Supreme Court said that "deadly force...may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others." This case abolished the Fleeing felon rule where a fleeing felon who posed no immediate threat to society (e.g., a burglar) could be shot if he/she refused to halt.[2]"

Bigg Brown 04-17-2015 07:15 PM

Daaang. Nice takedown, but wrecking a car and wall. Thats no good

Mop 04-17-2015 10:25 PM

He clipped him because if the cop were to hit him dead on the car would have smashed right in to the parked truck. The dude just got lucky.
I think it was a bad choice. But the outcome was good.

king06 04-20-2015 12:02 AM

As much as I want to agree with you, I can't. He was found not guilty of excessive force. Simply because this is the u.s.a and EVRYTHING has a protocol. If you start skipping the steps that have to be followed, then where will we end up?

Justsaying

Fix.it.again.Tony 04-20-2015 07:18 AM

while you are entitled to your opinion,

I'd bet you've never worked security a day in your life.

dude had a loaded assault rifle and was firing in public and not complying with officer orders.

you wanna walk up to him and try to use a lesser means of force go right ahead, meanwhile I would gladly use 2 tons of steel to protect me while taking him down.

justsaying