AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   AZHT Lounge (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   ¤¤¤¤¤Official 2008-2009 Phoenix Suns Season Thread¤¤¤¤¤ (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80154)

apSquidFace 04-15-2009 08:42 AM

....and you guys bashed me for saying the Suns or the Spurs wouldnt make the playoffs this year at the beginning of the season....

uhg indeed.

Piston_Honda 04-15-2009 01:19 PM

Hardass

_$krilla_ 04-15-2009 03:41 PM

next season make it to a lakers game

FUK JDM 04-15-2009 03:44 PM

Alright. Ill be there, 6th row behind the bench. Drunk. :thumbsup:

_$krilla_ 04-15-2009 09:13 PM

yes no kidding

Evil Empire 04-15-2009 10:35 PM

No offense but there was definitely luck in terms of your prediction coming true. Even though they did miss out, it was by 2 games and by being the only team in NBA history to win 46 games and not make the playoffs. Not to mention doing this after going through a big mindset change at the beginning, mid-season trades, coaching change and another mindset difference that came with the coaching change, a season-ending injury to the best player on the team,etc. I'm not saying that they would've been an amazing squad had these events not occurred but they sure as hell could have made a 3-win difference that would've resulted in a playoff spot.

I'm not defending their shortcomings, because a team with this kind of talent should have done a lot better. But still, your prediction of them not making it certainly couldn't have included variables like a major mid-season trade and a season-ending injury to the top player on the squad.

ef_grindin 04-15-2009 11:09 PM

:but::but:warriors had 48 wins last year and they were only 9 games out of the first seed. so for them not to not make it is even worse. i believe they were the team that set the record for most wins at 48 with no playoff appearence. but other than that you got a good point. if amare wouldn't have been injured. they would have made it.

Evil Empire 04-15-2009 11:27 PM

Yeah, you're right...SportsCenter's stats FTL.

apSquidFace 04-16-2009 08:16 AM

Soooo, you don’t remember last year when the warriors had like 48 or 49 wins?

For facts sake, my prediction was based on the coaching change and the fact that you "cant teach old dogs new tricks" if I remember correctly. And traveling on the same note as you, sir...you could not have predicted that the Suns would have made that mid-season coaching change. Had Porter still been the pilot we would have an even worse record than we do now.

I would have had a completely different outlook on the season had a coach been selected that said he would follow the same philosophies Dantoni worked with ala' Gentry. Porter was a terrible hire from day one and the reason my prediction came true... period. Not because of injuries or trades. Had Porter never been hired I believe they would never have made the trade, as well I think that even had Amare gone down with the eye injury they would still have enough fire power to at least make the 8 spot.

The first half of the season killed us, there is no arguing that. When you accept the fact that Porter was the architect of that disaster you will realize that my prediction was much more than just dumb luck (although luck had some small part to do with it).

**edit**

You realized your error on the records...my bad.

apSquidFace 04-16-2009 09:29 AM

FUK JDM 04-16-2009 09:45 AM

betteR

Evil Empire 04-16-2009 07:01 PM

I definitely agree with that...he needed to have been relieved of his duties way before the All-Star break.