AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   AZHT Lounge (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Boners (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=204169)

stin1 12-30-2017 04:38 AM

Boners

I already discussed this with Cba racing but I thought I would ask azht. This car has been on Phoenix craigs and eBay with the guy price gouging in my opinion for a mediocre gsr like it's some amazing find. I personally have seen cleaner around with people I don't know and of course being a Honda guy I know people with nicer stock ones. With these prices people are going to think their car is also worth its weight in gold. What is your opinion on this ? What do you think the car is worth? What do you think of the car ? Personally I don't think it's as clean as he thinks it is and the mileage puts it as a driver no museum quality car. Seems the buyer and bidders thought otherwise.Just trying to get some activity going on here since azht has been dead again . Not looking for a pissing match with anyone .

Jason.AZ1 12-30-2017 05:02 AM

Clean car for sure and nice that it’s stock but only worth $3k imo it sill a 96 Acura it’s not a type-r or a imported rhd

stin1 12-30-2017 05:14 AM

It is clean and nice that isn't molested. I don't think the paint looks very vibrant. The interior and wheels are not the most desirable of all the years. The 95 gsr had the type r oil cooler that I think went away in 96 too . I thought $3-$4k was what it was worth but bat buyers think otherwise. It's a nice car overall I just don't think it's as nice and clean as the seller seems to think it is . Maybe a claybar and wax would change my mind I don't know .

PhxKid92 12-30-2017 08:16 AM

Sold for 9k shoooosh lucky him

LS-S DA9 12-30-2017 08:54 AM

Grand prix white huh? Thought it was frost white..

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

theAngryMarmot 12-30-2017 12:50 PM

Given the prices of Type-Rs lately, it is only logical the next "best" thing would start to go up in value. The days of clean GSRs selling for below 4 or 5 grand are coming to an end.

The Japanese collector car market is exploding, so get used to this. early Z cars, Miatas, RX7s, Supras, etc - are all going up heavily.

stin1 12-30-2017 04:06 PM

I bought my R in the nick of time before recent price explosion. I have only seen two that went under ten grand and one is the complete basket case that was on bat in Canada with holes in the floor this year (granted I am not on bookface but I check all the normals aka forums batcebay etc weekly). High miler was all I could afford. I wanted one since 97 so I totally get the lust for the R . My friend had a 97 gsr new in 97 and was one the reason why I am into Hondas in the first place. It was at Scottsdale Acura forever. It was a fake look alike type r. The dealer added white fittipaldi 15 wheels . They added these really clean white face to the cluster. To this day don't if it was an overlay or not. It was super clean . Didn't look like the apc stuff of the day. It looked oem. Also a type R wing but had an led. Same seats as the white car only they embroidered type r in the seat. Left us stranded on the first or second day he had it brand new off the lot when the igniter failed .Lol. If that car came up I would over bid on nostalgia alone but I would come to my senses long before 9. I love hondas and integra s I just don't have the same lust for a gsr as the type R even though the gsr is the one that started it all for me.

stin1 12-30-2017 04:47 PM

Oh yeah when the igniter failed on day one or two of buying the brand new car they didn't cover it under warranty . Must have been before the service bulletin or they didn't let him know. I still fell in love that night with integras . Romantic isn't it ?

IS-Frank 12-31-2017 03:38 AM

Clean car yes definitely compared to these shit boxes rolling around just way to over priced

Sneakyhippo 01-03-2018 05:40 PM

It also seems like the asking price of a lot of vehicles seems to have skyrocketed for no reason. I see so many cars salvaged title with sohc for like 3k.

cbaracing 01-04-2018 08:16 AM

people are delusional with their asking prices :all_coholic:

the guy with the white GSR that couldnt unload it on local craigs for an overinflated price and took it to B.A.T. is all thats wrong too. he just got reinforced on what he is doing by getting that stupid price for that undesireable pos

Sneakyhippo 01-04-2018 01:15 PM

Can't exactly argue against that

Rufus 01-08-2018 01:42 PM

Well in all fairness he made his net broader by increasing audience. That just reiterates that we live in a time where a) access to non-local buyers is possible and b) the barrier to entry for buying out of state/site unseen vehicles has been lowered.

stin1 01-08-2018 03:06 PM

This is true although it was already on eBay with a way cheaper buy it now price. I don't recall the number because there was a few auctions where it didn't sell or the buyer flaked. I didn't watch it that close either as the car wasn't that interesting to me . Can't knock the hustle part . He probably got it for $1500 on a trade in making that profit sweeter. Some of these cars have great luck on bring a trailer and other times they go back to eBay for sale. The black 95 gsr that was on bat shat all over this example and sold for less in my opinion than this one.