AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   b16a2 turbo w/ stock internals preplanning need help (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124783)

AZ_CIVIC 04-30-2010 07:57 AM

Those links I gave you, are only for the turbo parts you need to get a complete turbo set up going.

4_door_gsr 04-30-2010 08:41 AM

AZ_CIVIC is right though. i have put over 10k into mine but mine isnt a stock turbo project. just expect to pay around 10k because its no where near cheap.

find anything you like on the site? he can get other stuff thats not on there too.

Method520 04-30-2010 03:53 PM

yeah, im not uneasy about any of this stuff here, i understand im ganna have to do some more research, and it is surely gunna be more than i expect to pay. just saying, there really i a budget to my build and im willing to take a risk if if it ends up around 10k for a 6lb setup to find cheaper parts. not saying im goin ghetto/ricer on this build, just gunna have to keep an eye out, and possibly do this setup from scratch if i wanna find the best prices.

the sites pretty good, i like how i can get straight up part/tuning prices. ill keep it up there as a possibility cause im sure those parts are gunna be more durable than others.

4_door_gsr 05-01-2010 01:36 AM

we are not saying thats how much it will just expect something around 5 to 10k. all of his parts are really good quality and his prices are usually lower then alot of places.

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth 05-01-2010 02:48 AM

why hasnt anyone just suggested the full turbo kit from Treadstone? i mean the turbo and wastegate are good quality Turbonetics and the BOV is one of 4 great brands. The IC piping is good, intercooler is good, all the lines, the MANI is AC and PS compatable, and its only 1750 bucks, not cheap by any stretch of the imagination but look at what you get for that.

dont forget you will need 1 step colder plugs, probably iridium.
and if you wanna make sure ur motor/turbo arent dying some extra guages, maybe a wideband 02, if you dont wanna coke up your turbo youll need a good turbo timer, maybe a MBC or EBC.

Method520 05-01-2010 09:54 AM

yeah i was gunna go with timer/guages all that jazz, i suppose i could throw in some colder plugs, all something i can upgrade before the build

luderDrue597 05-02-2010 10:14 PM

...anyone got any advice on going turbo on an h22?

4_door_gsr 05-03-2010 07:27 AM

^^you saying it does not prove anything. i'm not bagging on ericks racing im just saying that locash tunes the fastest cars in arizona. everyone is entitled to there own preferences and opinions.

AZ_CIVIC 05-03-2010 08:37 AM

So the original shop got him 570WHP but he was only able to run 12's? Then made 700 WHP with another tune and ran a 10.02. Why was the car so slow with 600 horsepower?

There are some good tuner's in AZ like Joe, Tim, I have heard UMS and they all charge $400 to $450. Like the other guy said though Joe does tune 1000 horsepower plus hondas that are running close to 8 second quarter miles.

Either way anyone can go wherever they want, I suggested Joe because he has proven to be IMO the best tuner in AZ.

AZ_CIVIC 05-03-2010 09:06 AM

The treadstone kit is good, everything I suggested to him was basically a treadstone kit, except for the Manifold, BOV, Wastegate and turbo, but they offer the Tail BOV and Wastegate as an upgrade to the kit. The Maniold is not to good, the wastegate position is in a crap location, but an inline pro is a very nice manifold and proven to make good power.

The thing is that kit is about 2000, with the upgraded BOV and Wastegate and you are still stuck with the manifold but it will work with for the power he is looking for. He still would need injectors, fuel pump, hondata, and tune, which is why it still will be a little over 3000 grand.

With that said this kit at 7 to 8 pounds could easily get him in the mid 250's maybe up to 280, which would get him a 12 second daily driven car with ac and ps. this would cost less then if he was to try and build an NA setup to run the same quarter mile times. The only other thing he could do is try and piece together or buy a used kit off here, but then it is used and your taking chances with getting crap parts.

4_door_gsr 05-03-2010 10:10 AM

you will want to go faster turst me i did the exact same thing, only looking for around 7 to 8 pounds on a stock gsr. then it was done for a couple weeks and decided to rip the motor out and upgrade the internals and run alot of boost. thats where things get expensive but thats why its my project car.

Method520 05-07-2010 10:47 AM

going with roughly 7lbs of boost, would i still want to go with an external wastegate? i feel like i could get by with just an internal actuator for the convenience. And what range trim of turbo would i want to be looking towards for a stock daily driver setup?

2.0eg-si 08-14-2010 07:23 PM

i had a bone stock A2 that i boosted on 9 lbs and it was real realiable until one of the pos dsm injectors decided to fail and blew a hole through the piston. all i would say is dont skimp out on injectors

Atomic-Orange-Turbo-Sloth 08-14-2010 11:35 PM

look who showed up to the party!

didnt you hear hes fully built now and clicking 8's in the 1320.

JDM Jon 08-15-2010 01:42 PM

I'd choose an external because they look and sound cool ;)
As for a turbo you'd probably want something that spools pretty quickly so a 50-57 trim I'd say.

Sacer Turbo Actuator 11-05-2018 11:34 PM

turbo actuator

If you are interested in professional turbo actuator manufacturer, the brand SACER is a smart choice. For more information, you could search SACER on google.