AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Strip & Street (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Midnight Run @ Speedworld this weekend (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=128650)

indub 07-01-2010 12:21 AM

What tire sizes? That essentially changes your gearing and will change your trap speed a lot. Also, spinning the tires in 4th gear even on steelies is hard to believe, or it just doesn't make sense. Something is wrong.

Driving style has a lot to do with how the car leaves and whether it hooks or spins right out of the hole. Look at RG for example, he cuts 1.50 60' on 599 hp, I wish I could do that :)

Colten79 07-01-2010 12:36 AM

are you serious? i wasn't bitchin about anything, i just heard the track wasn't prepped for shit.. and so far everyone has said the same..
the car i'm talkin about is just a daily driver, and is the owner's FIRST CAR with a STOCK MOTOR.. his tires are Kumho 205/50/15 rims are 15x7.5 (perfect for a DD imo).. some people like to see what their cars runs, as it is on the street.. some people just go to run their car for the hell of it.. who cares if he's serious about it or not, i'm just stating that he told me (along with a bunch more people) the track had never been so bad.. and he had mad traction issues

mr.lsvtec 07-01-2010 01:30 AM

they are 13in and somthin like 6in wide and the tires dont have that much life left
so im not sayin i have some crazy amount of allmotor horsepower
probably anybody could of burned them as much as i did
my 60ft changed from 1.9ss on good slicks to 2.6ss on the steelies
and my trap speeds changed from 104 on slicks to 91mph on these steelies
and like i said my slicks were supposed to meet me at the track with a friend
but they didnt show

IntensePower 07-01-2010 08:24 AM

You spin through 4th gear huh?

How much power you makin... I don't think there were 1000hp Supras spinning fourth gear out there.

I can tell you also the the street tire cars didn't help the Slick Vehicles at all as far as the track prep lasting.

taggart_lumpy 07-01-2010 08:35 AM

I dunno guys... Those jet cars were hooking up just fine

allvtec 07-01-2010 08:49 AM

If you cut your hp in half you might be able to. Paul wall spins in 5th gear!!!!!!

tttalon 07-01-2010 10:50 AM

I spin in 5th huh? lol I didn't even go into 4th gears lol just need to get use to shifting with my lift.
Track felt good to me but I'm not pushing high hp

tWeAk_TuNe_kAboOm 07-01-2010 07:46 PM

i felt it was hooking fine in both lanes. but i only have 124whp so idk... i did go 2.2 60 foot and ran a 14.9 @93mph... its just a stock sohc vtec with a gut job. i even got people calling me telling me that i was on the bottle... it sounds like if you didnt run a good time people want to complain (from what i hear). if 50% had runs where they were supposed to be and 50% fucked up it sounds like its just 50% bad drivers out there...

locash 07-01-2010 10:07 PM

Since I was one of the people not having good runs, I'm a bad driver? A 2,2 60ft doesnt impress me at all.

You have a fucking high 14 second car and people thought you were running nitrous? If so, they are idiots too.

14.9 @ 93 makes me want to take my car to "Superior" Tuning Solutions too, thats a great advertising project you have there, lol.

SDUB08 07-01-2010 11:46 PM

I think 14.9 is damn good for a bone stock Z6 in an eg 4 door with 230,xxx miles on it. Many people can vouch for his tuning and at least his customers leave happy, with a clutch left, and they don't have to deal with your whiney i don't have time for this attitude even though there paying you for your time lol

Colten79 07-02-2010 12:02 AM

bad drivers? you should ask Ced to drive his car ahahaha.. so you can see what its like..
and last time you were on the bottle, you said you weren't remember?

SDUB08 07-02-2010 12:26 AM

he definitely wasn't on the bottle and hes not on the bottle now. He told your brother last night that he can look through the car all he wants and there wont be anything related to nitrous. i can see why you guys would think hes on the bottle being that his ALL MOTOR SOHC beat your brothers time but hes not

Colten79 07-02-2010 12:40 AM

uh that ALL MOTOR SOHC didn't beat my brothers time.. my brother ran a 14.8 (maybe not that night).. but my brother has traction issues, he doesn't.. do you really want to compare times?
and i can care less if he is on bottle or not.. doesn't matter at all to me.. all i stated is last time he WAS on bottle he lied to all of us, then slipped up and said something about it later on.. we all just laughed and didn't care..

locash 07-02-2010 01:22 AM

Alright, smart guy, if you had a brain, you'd realize I get paid to TUNE cars, not deal with problems that keep me from tuning the car. I'd say I am correct, I don't have time for problems, I'm not the mechanic, I don't get paid to fix cars. You dont see a time clock on my wall, because I charge a flat rate, so I am done when I say I am done, not when someone else thinks I should be done. If a car leaves with a clutch problem, it obviously came in with a clutch problem, like one that couldnt hold the power the car could make. :) If he was as good as you think he is, he'd have his own dyno, and not be endangering peoples lives trying to street tune. Then again, it says a lot about a tuner when his personal drag race car is a 15 second car. If thats exactly the type of person you want tuning your car, you deserve to run those times. There is a reason people bring their cars to me, and the dyno charts and timeslips that go with them are proof of my skills.

mr.lsvtec 07-02-2010 01:26 AM

ohhhh ok i get it now.....
u asked me to let u drive my car that night
bcuz im a bad driver.........
dam that hurts
ive been called alotta things
but never ever ever a bad driver
idk man maybe i just been outta the game
for too long
maybe i need to go back to the old me and just start
throwin out challenges and puttin folks in there place
lol maybe not

Colten79 07-02-2010 01:27 AM

i'll be bringin my car to Joe..

mr.lsvtec 07-02-2010 01:30 AM

i agree with any man in the world that says joe is a fucking asshole
but who gives a shit about his personality as long as he keeps puttin
out 1000hp cars and 9 sec cars

BDEG 07-02-2010 07:10 AM

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
:rflmao: :rflmao: :rflmao: :rflmao: :rflmao: :rflmao: :rflmao: :rflmao:

JDMEG2 07-02-2010 07:23 AM

14.xx and 15 cars can suck it. stock cars run faster than that now, get with the times. it was exciting to run those times 15 years ago. traction issues? cars were running low 9s, some 9 second cars didnt, but is anyone of those complaining? learn to drive your 130whp cars and quit running sun bathed tires that were sitting in someones backyard

JDMEG2 07-02-2010 07:25 AM

what tuning? blind tuning? if he could really tune, hed be squeezing every ounce of power out of a motor, but he just has people gut their cars and make it times deceiving

IntensePower 07-02-2010 08:26 AM

I know right?

:owned: :newwhip:

ChrisIsYoung 07-02-2010 08:54 AM

Haha joes the shit!

tWeAk_TuNe_kAboOm 07-02-2010 11:17 AM

Woooow. That's proffessional.

I never said I was the shit. I thought I had a good run. We go out to have fun. More fial in it would have been faster. Through ignition timing tuning I picked up 3mph and I guarentee I wouldnty make any more on the dyno (with the program I'm using) so therefor I don't understand what I did wrong? I feel my car is slow and never claimed it to be the shit. I asked you to drive because I know you guys and figured friends drive friends cars but I guess we don't have to be nice to eachother. Ryans car isn't stock with a stock motor either. Right. Its a poor mans ctr which is what I've been told for the last year or two. Idk, its a dohc vtec 1.6 block and better tires ran slower. That night he didn't go faster than me. I never saw the 14.8 or time slip. I ask him to run and he freaks out on me when all I want it a straight up run.

Joe. I used to look up to you and want to know what you know, now man I would rather keep practicing. Taking my efi101 classes and just stay away from you. You have such a bad attitude, I'm not here to advertose or anything, just threw in my .02 cents like everyone else, childish shit stops eventually and I'm growing up dude. I live everyday doing what I can to make a better life for me for the next. Don't say my name or company name along with something negative if I'm just doing my own thing. I'm not cutting your profit so stop whining. I gave 2 customers a couple bux back because they were broke and the cars were untuned. I wasn't going to be the ones to break them (that's just a nice gesture for a few friends). I don't charge that much and give honest work and try my hardest. I don't see why everyone wants to talk. If you don't want me near your car that's fine, I don't care. I have a job and other things to do. I'm not even here to make enemies this is rediculous. And furthermore 14.9 is good for a 16.8 second car. Sorry I don't have money like anyone to build a fast car. But I think 11's in the sohc 4 door with a new setup is quick enough. And daily driven. When it rolls out coming up maybe everyone will look differently but not likely. Later guys.

SDUB08 07-02-2010 02:29 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::nutswinger::nutswinger::nutsw inger::nutswinger::nutswinger::nutswinger::nutswin ger::nutswinger::nutswinger::nutswinger::nutswinge r::nutswinger::nutswinger::nutswinger::nutswinger: :nutswinger::nutswinger::nutswinger::nutswinger::n utswinger:

all that nut swinging isnt going to get you a discount at Locash

deely7 07-02-2010 04:24 PM

Whenever I get money to get my car tuned ill be going to shawn and superior tuning.
Ive seen him tune tons of cars
And he tunes with a good attitude, If something else comes up that needs looked at he will help out.

My car might not make a shit ton of whp but atleast ill know my car wasnt just blown off because its not a 1000hp supra

KingDingaLing 07-02-2010 06:20 PM

Now that shit makes me mad. Just because people wanna be dyno tuned by the best means they are a nutswinger? I could fuckin care less about a discount. . Do you start out at a company and expect the highest salary too? No... You gotta fuckin work for it. Same with locash or any company. Mother fucker come in expecting a discount and honestly who the fuck are you? Someone that says they will rock the sticker for a discount. Like they owe you a favor.. Pfffff you gotta earn that shit. Loyal repeAt customers earn that shit. . My car is bein tuned by Joe. Simply for the fact he's the best in town. Fuck I even owe joe money. Seems like a nice guy to me. He doesn't sweat it. He know I'll be back so it's not that big of a deal. You wanna be a respected tuner in this world, get a dyno or atleast rent one. Show what you have to offer. Street tuner and cutting yourself short to help someone out isn't gonna get you anywhere.

RICK's-TOWING 07-02-2010 07:07 PM

whats the point in tuning a 120hp single cam anyway...

honda already did that for you. they even put the tune on the factory p28 ecu....how convenient.

allbossbra 07-02-2010 07:44 PM

aint sleepersedan shawnee aka tweek?

Colten79 07-02-2010 09:29 PM

:facepalm:
ahahahahaha i want my car tuned by the best around so i can make as much power as possible, and that makes me a nut swinger? is that what your telling me?
and what exactly are you doing? ^^^^
hypocritisizer

BDEG 07-02-2010 09:51 PM

What's funny is jump on Nwp,H-T other non AZ forums and you'll be able to find a thread with Joe's name or company because he know's what he's doing. People come from out of state to get tuned by him because he know's his shit.
They dont go to him for a homie hook up or cause they are broke and only can afford a street tune/basemap.
They go so they can make as much power as possible and have a real/reliable tune on a car they built.

What's funny is until Paco Chris moved/went away or w/e(dont know the story) I never seen or hear anyone talking about Sean/SLEEPERSEDAN