AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   On Topic (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Level 3 inspection question. (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=200849)

LS-S DA9 03-22-2015 12:29 PM

Level 3 inspection question.

First off sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure of the best place to post it..

So I picked up a car that needs to go through level 3 inspection and only want to go one time. I can't find out if I need the driver side airbag to pass this inspection or if I will be OK with the nrg quick release. The srs light does not work I don't know where it was removed as I checked the cluster..

the closest I have found online is that
"All equipment to meet the requirements of the road must be in good condition and in good working order."

So I tested:
Head lights work
Signals work
Horn works
Tail lights work
Brake lights work
Reverse lights work

Other part I found was
"*Level III is necessary to verify all major component parts which include front end assembly, engine, transmission, as well as rear end assembly for trucks and truck-type vehicles."

Which is also good to go. It's my midori motor and trans and the car itself looks fine, unless somehow these fenders are stolen lol. The front bumper is honda replacement, hood is carbon fiber.

And I also found some short info pertaining to theft recovery, blown airbags and insurance has to be notified, but now I can't find that to quote and it also doesn't pertain to my situation.

AZ_CIVIC 03-22-2015 12:34 PM

I've done 12 level 3 inspections this past year, airbag lights can't be on so make sure to clear those. For some reason they are picky on window tint. I've had to peel a couple front windows on the spot. Not really sure what they will do with it not having the proper steering wheel but will most likely not care.

LS-S DA9 03-22-2015 12:44 PM

The srs light is non existent. No tint

AZ_CIVIC 03-22-2015 01:17 PM

Then you should be ok, they only check for the saftey stuff nothing crazy.

LS-S DA9 03-22-2015 01:22 PM

Actually just found a thread on here from 08 and it really seems like it depends on the inspector.. hope it passes the first time.i don't see why not.. if it don't I'll have to swap steering wheels lol

http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73342

LS-S DA9 03-22-2015 01:27 PM

I found the other part I read. But it doesn't relate cause it was not theft and airbag was not deployed. The quick release was in there prior to salvage title.. and insurance knows that it was in there.

*Except as provided in subsection L of this section, the department shall issue a certificate of title to a vehicle that has been issued a salvage certificate of title as a result of a total loss settlement by reason of theft if the vehicle is recovered and was not wrecked or stripped of essential parts and the insurance company or its authorized agent submits an affidavit to the department in a form prescribed by the department stating either of the following:

"1. The vehicle is a recovered theft and both of the following:

(a) The vehicle was not wrecked or stripped of essential parts.

(b) To the insurance company's or its authorized agent's actual knowledge, no air bag or component part necessary to the proper function of the air bag system deployed in the vehicle or was removed from the vehicle.

2. The vehicle is a recovered theft and, to the insurance company's or its authorized agent's actual knowledge, an air bag or an air bag module deployed in the vehicle or was removed from the vehicle. The insurance company or its authorized agent shall list the location in the vehicle of each deployment or removal of an air bag or an air bag module.

J. On receipt of an affidavit submitted pursuant to subsection I, paragraph 2 of this section, the department shall mark its records to indicate the deployment or removal of the air bag or air bag module from the vehicle and the location of each deployment or removal."

Sales@RC's Garage 03-22-2015 01:42 PM

If my caged race car can pass.... lol

LS-S DA9 03-22-2015 02:42 PM

So I should cage it? Lol

Sales@RC's Garage 03-22-2015 08:32 PM

Definitely, thats the solution!