AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   AZHT Lounge (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fast and Furious VS Gas Monkey Garage vs Bang Bros (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=203933)

AZ_CIVIC 03-27-2017 10:09 PM

Fast and Furious VS Gas Monkey Garage vs Bang Bros

Anybody watching this? I'm excited!!

LS-S DA9 03-27-2017 10:23 PM

I don't want to spoil it but I'm really happy with the out come even though both big chief and Richard are cocky assholes..

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

PhxKid92 03-27-2017 10:28 PM

Wasn't surprised one bit by the outcome lol I was surprised by the outcome of farmtruck vs Aaron though

LS-S DA9 03-27-2017 10:37 PM

I was and wasnt.. Aaron is not really a drag racer and didn't put that in mind when building the car.. also I'm sure ALOT was for the show considering he left gas monkey and if they make the 405 look slow they'd lose the street outlaws show..

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 03-27-2017 10:48 PM

The crow was nice! I dont understand the point in them going all the way to fontana.

LS-S DA9 03-27-2017 10:58 PM

that's what I told my gf.. okc vs Texas and they went to autoclub Speedway in cali?

also I'm no expert but an m3, ls swap, all those bolt ons, rims and tires seems like a lot for 15k... sponsors/freebies for sure

AZ_CIVIC 03-28-2017 06:06 AM

The thing I don't like about Big Chief in this episode was the way he makes it seem that their car is just some farm boy built car. Big Chief makes it seem like he gets no help or sponsorships which is BS. He bought a tube frame chassis, has tons of help on fab work, has an outside source build his motor, trans and rear end etc. Big Chief is somehow surprised Richard doesn't build cars? Duh he never says he personally builds cars and is the business money man.

Big Chief also makes it seem like he can destroy pro drivers and NHRA track cars LOL. A few months ago Big Chief entered his car in a real NHRA 32 car class event and out of 32 cars came in 32nd place, he got his clock cleaned by 31 other cars in his class.

I like both shows and it was fun to watch but Big Chief portrays himself as a real A hole like 98% of the time.

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 03-28-2017 09:52 AM

Male soap operas at their finest

AZ_CIVIC 03-28-2017 10:06 AM

One of the things that have made Gas Monkey what it is, is the fact that basically all the guys and the show have fun. Or at the very least the show only showcases them goofing off and having fun.

I'm sure not every moment is fun or what not but they try to keep the positives only. Not to mention Richard is pretty damn business savvy. He branched out and has his own Gas Monkey Tequila, he has his hands in NHRA Drag Racing, Monster Trucks and now Drifting. He was smart enough to always talk about his beer drinking and has I think a big Miller beer contract, Dodge contract. He expanded to owning and operating his own restaurant chain. Works with client builds for big companies. The dude is smart..

Big Chief although making money hasn't really branched out to anything. I like Street Outlaws because of the drag racing and fast cars. However the show is all about drama, talking crap to each other and talking crap in general.

Jason.AZ1 03-28-2017 10:27 AM

The Chief and Sean show is funny as hell to listen too.

Never cared for gas monkey show it's meh, Aaron does some dope shit tho and his racing stuff is cool.
Outlaw show is okay racing is cool and the shit talking is funny but everything else is meh. Which Justin and Sean talk a lot about on there prod cast about how discovery try's to make them say shit and do dumb shit etc....

I enjoyed the megarace ep tho

AZ_CIVIC 03-28-2017 10:39 AM

I've heard their Pod Cast is pretty funny. Normally I can't stand the dumb crap Farm Truck and Asian do but the nitrous bottles and the chair was so damn funny!

Broskiballa 03-28-2017 11:36 AM

I don't have cable our internet at my home. What show is this?

salasaz 03-28-2017 11:48 AM

mamas family

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 03-28-2017 02:27 PM

Next time your where you post from, google the thread title.

phatman 03-28-2017 03:29 PM

I used to watch Fast N' Loud years ago. I think season 6 did in for me as it became more staged looking, etc. I realize it's a reality show, but I was seeing a lot of the same things over and over again, and some of the drama was just getting old. I think in the near 6 seasons I watched, there was three different F-100 pickups that had the Crown Victory front end tossed on, with the rear end of a F-150 setup in back and some newer V8 between.

Now there were some builds that were fantastic. Aaron's Falcon was probably my most favorite build. I know he took it up Pikes Peak as I used to follow Gas Monkey on Twitter and Facebook.

Honda4Life. 03-28-2017 07:41 PM

Richard owned a successful advertising company before starting Gas Monkey.

Once Discovery bought the show idea he knew he was set and what to do from his previous business.

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 03-29-2017 03:41 AM

Anyone know if Aaron is going to get a spinoff show? i mean if they tried the misfit spinoff they need to give Aaron one too IMO

phatman 03-29-2017 07:06 AM

I forgot about Misfit Garage. First episode was a total rip off of Fast N' Loud. Did a demolition derby car and basically tore into it the same way that it was done on Fast N' Loud. I turned that off right quick.

AZ_CIVIC 03-29-2017 08:07 AM

From my understanding Richard Rawlings put together Misfit Garage and is like an executive producer over that show. Basically a spinoff of Gas Monkey Garage, I also have seen the question of if Aaron will join Misfit but I think that is just rumors. On the other hand I have heard that Aaron and KC were going to start an internet show or something.

I still think Aaron leaving the show is stupid unless we don't know about some other fantastic opportunity.

Richard Rawlings is getting paid 50k an episode and Aaron was getting 35k. The GM crew is getting about 3k per episode.

People say Richard over worked Aaron and Aaron was getting the shaft and all that crap but when push comes to shove he was getting paid 560k a year from the show not to mention any extra money for commercials or whatever Richard was paying him.

When Fast n Loud started Aaron was living at the shop and was a broke joke. 5 years later he has a net worth of over 3 million dollars and is pretty much set.

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 03-29-2017 05:20 PM

phatman 03-29-2017 05:44 PM

I smelled a rat when I watched Misfit. The fact that Richard was in the first episode screamed scripted from the start. I don't get why they tried to do that.

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 03-29-2017 08:02 PM

It's all about the allmighty sponsor dollar

Honda4Life. 03-29-2017 08:29 PM

"This is a question many fans have been asking, especially after realizing that Richard Rawlings is the executive producer of the show."

Taken from here.

"The series, which premiered October 13, 2014, is produced by Pilgrim Studios, with Craig Piligian, Richard Rawlings and Eddie Rohwedder as executive producers, and Craig Coffman additionally serving as executive producer for the Discovery Channel."

From here.

Jason.AZ1 03-29-2017 09:27 PM

Yeah it's pretty interesting, I'll listen to the way to work haha
Azn/FT have there moments but I do like the bug

Most likely man

IS-Frank 04-01-2017 08:15 PM

I used to live watching fast and loud but then it became too scripted and Aron leaving only means he's gonna be doing his own spin off show sooner or later....streetoutlaws used to be good and after the second season that was it for me I used to watch chuck race his foxbody on videos in you tube before street outlaws came out

LS-S DA9 04-01-2017 08:28 PM

A A R O N. easy spelling very common name.... i don't get it.. lol

Littlejon1378 04-01-2017 09:16 PM

Simmer down Erin

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

usdm420 04-04-2017 11:27 AM

All I know is....it was nice watching Chief wax that kid's ass twice in a row.

All that money and all you could do is buy yourself a back to back ass whooping? LMAO
Don't get me started on Richard not knowing how heads up drag racing works.......don't you own an NHRA team you dumb twat?

LS-S DA9 04-04-2017 12:24 PM

I think it's funny if you watch the video he says "who cares? it's who gets to the finish line first." then his helper or whatever said yeah and they got to the finish first

AZ_CIVIC 04-04-2017 12:42 PM

Richard assumed that the faster time meant he finished first. He didn't realize, but should have, what a holeshot win is.

I like watching both shows just because I like drag racing and cars in general. Both have their flaws for sure and both Richard and Justin mouth off. I would say Justin mouths off a lot more then Richard does though.