AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   AZHT Lounge (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Banning Crap Sellers (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=184505)

AZ_CIVIC 12-29-2012 01:58 PM

Banning Crap Sellers

I was looking for any such rules that would apply and I know that we have negative I-Trader ratings but I think we need to come up with something to rid AZHT of people that sell crap the first time they sell it.

I am bringing this up because I saw what happened to the other guy who bought crap Integra headlights off a member and I now see that he was banned but we need to do this a lot more often.

I think what should happen is when someone feels they got scammed or sold something that was totally misrepresented in the FS add, they should post pictures to prove what they received was junk and we give the seller the opportunity to explain themselves. If the seller is found to have sold a junk part or was lying about condition etc. they can give the money back or they get banned.

I myself recently wanted to buy a transmission from an add on AZHT, this individual was selling a full motor setup that I know now from the seller was a messed up block. He also was very unresponsive to his own add, would never respond to IM’s and failed to appear and flake out when he said he wanted to meet. For a second time I said I would meet him at Locash to pick this tranny up, he told me to meet him there at 3:30. I drove 30 miles again to meet this guy who said he lived in Casa Grande, when I get to Locash and call him at 3:10 to let him know I was there, he told me that he did not even have the transmission loaded yet and hadn’t even left the house.

I ended up waiting for 2.5 hours for the guy to show up which he finally did at 5:30, I also found out he was supposed to bring his block over to Joe two weeks prior and never did either. Joe was going to inspect it for Speedfactory who wanted to buy it. When the transmission finally showed up it looked like someone literally took axle grease, put it on their hand and wiped it all over the tranny and inside as well. The tranny is now finally cleaned or grease and dirt and is being taken apart for inspection, now this guy told me this thing is mint condition, so if this ends up having messed up gears or synchros I will take pictures and guys like him should be banned instantly.

So Maybe we have this in place already but it seems like maybe we should set up a sticky for complaints about sellers or something, just thinking of Ideas.

boostfedevo 12-29-2012 02:03 PM

That sucks man, I recently just went through this myself. I was trying to buy this guys bmw on the AZAWD forums and I drove an hour out of my way, when I got there he told me he just sold it 5 mins ago when we already agreed on a time, price, and place to meet.

tucsondude 12-29-2012 02:05 PM

:this-guy_2:
(OP)you sir sound a little desperate...:retard:

hmm i thought we had a section on the classifieds to keep crap like this out of the lounge. guess not.

Thats private party for you, no written contracts. shitty but thats why its not dealer prices.

AZ_CIVIC 12-29-2012 02:24 PM

Not sure who your saying is desperate and this discussion is not crap, I am kicking around ideas to protect buyers from flakes. There used to be something called honesty when buying and selling things.

When someone creates a FS add, they should not be misrepresenting the items condition and they should also make sure they are responding to their adds. If they can't do that then they shouldn't be selling things.

AZ_CIVIC 12-29-2012 02:26 PM

That does suck, I recently sold a car and anyone who had sent me a text and wanted to see the car, I made sure I texted every person back to let them know I sold the car that way there was no confusion or expectations.

GAmedic 12-29-2012 02:41 PM

A buyer/seller feedback section would be good. The trader rating is good for quick peak at who you are dealing with but when it comes to a situation like mine it would be nice to have a specific section to layout what all happened.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

The President 12-29-2012 02:57 PM

The high court of AZHT!

SiR Mikey 12-29-2012 03:01 PM

Not on AZHT

AZ_CIVIC 12-29-2012 03:06 PM

I have met some pretty good buyers and sellers on AZHT but I have also seen tons of threads about people getting burned.

bb4arson 12-29-2012 03:07 PM

who sold you the transmission ?

or what is his name on here?

kguerrero 12-29-2012 03:08 PM

Fixed

AZ_CIVIC 12-29-2012 03:17 PM

As soon as I see the gears in this tranny if they are messed up I for sure will post the AZHT seller. As far as the buying exp. It was a mess and if the inside looks anything like the outside did I will be disappointed. With that being said I know alot of others have had it way worse

bigballsmagerki 12-29-2012 05:20 PM

Don't like shady people? don't put up with it. Getting mad at the person doesn't fix it.

Every deal has its risk

failedabortion 12-29-2012 06:26 PM

You know anyone can search your posts and find out who the seller of the trans is right?

AZ_CIVIC 12-29-2012 06:30 PM

Well they can search my posts and find out if they are so concerned.

Nachooooosupreme 12-29-2012 06:56 PM

Ban a flake and they'll just return with a new ip address. This is gonna be tough to do when ppl can just start over on azht with a new account.

I was parting out a da last year and I sold some parts to a phx member on azht. He took a front bumper and my 2 door panels with a promise to pay for the panels a few days later. He never paid and I just took it as a lost. Can't stop ppl from being flakes!!!

Chuck Chainz 12-29-2012 07:12 PM

You accepted a "promise" to pay from some asshole on AZHT?
Dude that's hilarious.
Don't have the money? Can't take tha parts!
Easy peasy!

I'm sure you learned from that transaction, right?

AZ_CIVIC 12-29-2012 07:41 PM

No I don't like shady people and I agree every deal does have it risks but it doesn't have to be that way.

For example if Locash was selling an ECU and I by one from him I am sure almost 100% of the time everything is good to go if there was an issue he would take care of it. Why? because Joe is an honest person who doesn't sell shit.

I am an honest guy and am selling a CTR tranny to a guy on this site, I just met the guy but I have sold him a b-series shift linkage, axles, fuel pump and gave him an old stage 2 clutch. My car is currently at TSR being built and because I am honest and this guy trusts me he was going to give me a deposit for the transmission. Why? because he can tell I am an honest dude and havn't screwed him in anyway.

So to answer your question buying things doesn't have to be a risk if people don't lie about what they got and try to screw people.

This is why I never have issues with people and I always get help from good people like Joe, Aaron and lots of others who know me.

AZ_CIVIC 12-29-2012 07:43 PM

I see what your saying but banning them can help, the guy I dealt with was on here since 2007 with a decent amount of I Trader ratings. So by banning him he has to build his rep up all over again, it doesn't solve the problem but it may slow them down a little.

Chuck Chainz 12-29-2012 07:46 PM

YOU sound like a shit dealing scam.
Which you probably are since you hail from Tucson
No offense to everyone else who resides there... Well unless you deal shit too.

Nachooooosupreme 12-29-2012 07:58 PM

:this-guy_2:

It was hilarious!!
True to some extent. If YOU came to my place from phx to get some parts you needed and I quoted you 120 for everything and all you had was 100 and promised you'd send 20 in the mail in the next couple days Ida been alright cool. Cuz honestly I love azht and him and I talked about hondas and azht for at least an hr. So easy peazy yes but every situation is different. And no I wasn't concerned about him bringing his lady and baby 2 hrs from home just so my azht bro can get his honda on the road again. To me that was impressive!
Learned? Nah bro I already knew. I sold him a front bumper, 2 door panels, and some other stuff for 100. I was already 1/4 back at what I paid for the car. You are right though! but like I said every situation is different and I wasn't hurting for money or recognition at all.

Moral of the story: There are flakes everywhere, you just don't know who they are!

Chuck Chainz 12-29-2012 08:01 PM

You speak the truth

TucsonEuroCamry 12-29-2012 08:02 PM

:this-guy_2: @ nacho

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Nachooooosupreme 12-29-2012 08:05 PM

BAN :this-guy_2:

TucsonEuroCamry 12-29-2012 08:06 PM

Why are you so sensitive and greedy. Sharing is caring you whore

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

pr1nc3s5 12-30-2012 01:01 AM

Whatever can't get rich off of every transaction lol

RHD_GeRmZ 12-30-2012 02:09 AM

Shit just got real ! Lol im looking foward for adds to not have the words "MINT" or "PERFECT CONDITION" for now on lol

Rufus 12-30-2012 02:41 AM

So happy you're back

Dead Bird 12-30-2012 11:03 PM

I'll apply for a position on here as judicial branch prosecutor.

Also, why buy the transmission without inspecting it beforehand? I almost always do that.
Every time I haven't, there seems to have been a problem with them.

AZ_CIVIC 12-31-2012 10:22 AM

Well I created this thread not just for me but crap sellers in general, I just included a recent scenario of my own but have seen lots of threads related to scammers and junk sellers so I thought this would be a good thread to maybe create a sticky that people can use if they have a bad experience.

As far as my situaiton I am not worried about the tranny, that sucker has been completely cleaned and I already ordered all new 1st - 5th Carbon Synchros and Syncro Springs, all new bearings and LSD. If there was any issues with a gear or sleeve Joe has a million laying around so I was not really worried about the tranny.

The reason I was pissed was I sent the dude an IM with my number saying I was interested. He finally got back to me and started texting me at almost 1 in the morning, I told him meet me at Locash the next day. He then tells me I better not be an AZHT flake and be there, so I drive down to Locash and wait, the guy never comes or returns texts. So finally on Wednesday he calls and says his phone was damaged, he was sorry and that he will even drive to my house if I need him to.

So I gave him the benefit of the doubt and again ask if everything is "mint" like he said, he assured it is perfect. So he tells me meet him at Locash Saturday at 3:30, so I get there at 3:10 and give him a call just to let him know I was there. Now this guy said he lives in Casa Grande and when I call him at almost 3:30 he didn't even have the tranny loaded or left yet. He then told me he would be there in an hour, I ended up waiting 2.5 hours.

So know he finally gets to Locash at 5:30 with the freaking shift linkage still attached because he didn't know how to get it off so Joe and I remove it, then not to mention this thing was axle greased like no other. So even if at that point I decided to say screw it this doesn't look like what you said, the point is I drove 30 miles one way to Locash two seperate times and also had to wait 2.5 hours for this guy to show up and the first time the guy never even came.