AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   AZHT Lounge (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The thing that bums me out the most about AZHT (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=204035)

Rufus 07-14-2017 09:49 AM

The thing that bums me out the most about AZHT

When I go click on my OG friends profiles and see that they haven't even logged into the site in nearly 10 YEARS!

It's not that forums are losing speed that gives me a sad... it's that time is flying by.... and I'm getting older and... I poop more often and my joints hurt. :facepalm:

theAngryMarmot 07-14-2017 10:24 AM

I have found I have the overwhelming desire to buy a rocking chair from cracker barrel and sit on a porch and yell at traffic/younger people/stray cats.

And I am excited by the thought.

Getting old is interesting.

Rufus 07-14-2017 11:16 AM

Yeah, I've found weird comfort in things like that too. WTF

king06 07-14-2017 11:26 AM

I'm down to sit on the front porch with a cold glass of ice tea.

theAngryMarmot 07-14-2017 12:12 PM

And jesus...I just bought a Ford Taurus the other week........ (granted it is a SHO....but...) - old man game getting strong.

I keep wondering where my pocket watch went too.

Chuck Chainz 07-14-2017 12:31 PM

My knees pop every time I enter my car, hopefully I don't tear another meniscu. The old man struggle is definitely real.

Rufus 07-14-2017 01:01 PM

I can't sit Indian style anymore without being full of regret when I stand

Jason.AZ1 07-15-2017 09:40 AM

Shit, after the motorcycle accident I feel old as hell random pops/pains.
Plus mindset has changed other then the bellroad meet at kmart/pavilions
I don't like going to any other meet too many dumb kids and shitty cars.
Rather sit at home and work on the car. Or buy stuff for the house haha

theAngryMarmot 07-15-2017 11:46 AM

Exactly.

How many busted-ass wannabe drift car 240s/Cressidas/etc or POS imported 25 year old Nissans/Toyotas do I want to see in a night. Or rattle-trap busted Miatas, Stock + wheels slow FRSs, or stock Mustangs/Corvettes, and loud 15 year old WRXs with 200k on them.

That is the most hilarious part, all these imported Laurels, Soarers, and Leopards I have been seeing. People think that just because it is 25+ years old and JDM it isn't going to be just as shitty as if it was a USDM 25+ year old nissan? That and Ugly is ugly no matter where it comes from....

I seen some hipster-millennial mop-headed phuzzy youth cruising 101 at 530 AM thursday in some janky old imported 4 door pink something all "drift styled" out with blast pipes. Doing about 55 on the freeway so everyone could see his busted ass car. Wasn't cool. Same way some USDM Cressida done the same way - isn't cool.

Same with Skylines - You got one? Cool story bro - I seen 5 of them last friday at the Pavs. Seriously, 5 R32s. Wanna be different? Import an R30........

Don't get me started about the retard who had a roof rack attached to the soft top on a Miata......LOL.

I also get annoyed at all the cock-juggling thunder-cunts who want to race me at 530 am on the 101 in traffic. Get lost ding-dong. You POS 90s Chevy 1500 truck with plastidipped wheels with the autozone leaf spring block rake and stupid straight pipe exhaust on your V6 with 295k miles isn't impressive. Oh, and you - Mr. slammed GTi - it is cute how you think you are going to cut me off in the merge at the end of the on-ramp cause you couldn't comprehend the "zipper" technique of merging - the battlecruiser meandered right by your dumb ass. Mean mug all you want = your shit is slower than mine (and most everyone else...) Learn how to drive.

When I was younger - I didn't do stupid crap like kids today. You know why? Because there was no Facebook, Instagram, social media, etc - to telll me what was cool. Cool was left to whatever I genuinely thought was cool - not what everyone else thought was cool.

And this vaping bullshit. Why someone wants to suck on something harder than Debbie when she done Dallas I would never understand. And why do you choose a flavor that smells like Rainbow bright just spewed fruity pebble diarrhea all over your face. Seriously dude, no one thinks it is cool. It is just as stupid as the old douche-nozzles that wander around smoking cheap cigars that smell like week-old cat piss. Vaping was never cool, never will be cool - all it does it make the vape-hole doing it look like a chump.

If this offends anyone, then get the fuck off my porch and you can't have any of my country time lemonade.

How is that for an old man rant? I have been practicing.

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 07-15-2017 01:15 PM

LOLOL i need to get out more i want to see those skylines haha

iNtegra 07-16-2017 05:01 PM

Good old days going from azparttrader, aztegs and this site. Been away for many years lol and logged on and wow 10 years and going woot. Stopped buying car parts and instead crap for the house hahaha

LS-S DA9 07-16-2017 09:57 PM

it's dumb cause people still know the site and still talk about it. why not be about it?

I'm partial cause it has been a part of my life for 10 years and I'll be super sad when/if it no longer exists... hell ive been through like 4 relationships 2 being longer term, while on here, and moved half way across the country twice.but good ole azht is still here for me

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

theAngryMarmot 07-17-2017 12:22 PM

Same reason no one comes out to meets really anymore. Forums require more effort than facebook.

People don't come to meets because they can just interact on social media. It is a lot easier to be "cool" on facebook or instagram than it is in person.

Social media is the root of all evil. Lol.

I seriously have to beg people to come to meets, and even then they don't show. However if I post a pic of the meet on facebook - 100 people like it, and give b.s. excuses why they didn't make it. Car people are a funny bunch, have something they supposedly love to drive - yet won't drive anywhere.

The best part of AZHT and other forums? No stupid trending topics, 1000000 ads, delivered content, and the ease of finding posts. Forums are better than facebook, they just aren't as "easy" for people who just want to click once, or type 3 words. Same people who can't carry a conversation in person, or show up somewhere and hide behind their car because they don't know how to actually interact with others.

AZ_CIVIC 07-17-2017 01:25 PM

I've never really been into the meets because I always thought people would end up wanting to try and steal stuff, even now at the track I get worried someone will try and fuck with my shit if I am not standing there.

I have always liked more of the car club feel, back in the day when my older brother was into lowriders he was in a club and at least it is the same good group of guys. Everyone chips in to help each other out and its organized.

That is why I like drag racing with basically the same group, we go out to events, help each other out, we know each other and even though we each want to win we are cool with whatever happens. I never get butt hurt if I lose because I am out having a good time.

I feel sorry for the domestic groups now because the newer generation of kids are starting to migrate over to the domestic side with used Mustangs getting cheaper and cheaper. No joke I have seen a few new Mustang GT's with their "stanced" look, wings, stickers and cambered, all slammed out look.

I finally got Facebook and am following some groups and it is totally lame, I follow 1320 and they post pretty cool car stuff and everyone who comments is usually negative even when you see 7 second cars. If you mention Honda no matter if you post an 8.20 pass most talk shit.

It's just sad.

usdm420 07-17-2017 02:19 PM

Can confirm....Mustang kids are little faggots. I had one literally chase down after me on the highway after I left a meet just to try and get a roll race in.

Stupid dipshit. He shut his little cock sucker up when I asked him to run from a dig for $100. Go home to your mom's house you little bitch.

Rufus 07-17-2017 02:37 PM

Agreed on vaping being retarded lol

LS-S DA9 07-17-2017 08:02 PM

lol I like Paul hung out a few times at pavs and meets, but I will disagree one 2 things.. I am very uncomfortable in public and none of that has to do with social media... 2 vaping.. I understand coming from a non smoker but I smoked for 12 years. vaping is a MUCH cheaper alternative and much less smelly habit.. I did it not cause I wanted to stop smoking period but cause I didn't want to subject my kids to the smell of cigarettes second hand smoke, not to mention I feel much healthier and can taste stuff much better. but to each their own

there's people who are so o against smoking leeching how oh your going to die, your going to get cancer, blah blah blah. were all gonna fucking die, my grandfather has smoked and drank for probably 75 years and hes alive and well at I think 91 years old..

so why be against vaping specifically? it's just the new age of smoking..

Chuck Chainz 07-17-2017 08:44 PM

I give you a pass on vaping because your not all "stanced" out.

LS-S DA9 07-17-2017 08:50 PM

bra I'm super stanced jdm4lyfe. no pass here..

iNtegra 07-19-2017 07:25 AM

phatman 07-19-2017 08:41 AM

Not any, if at all, meets in Tucson. One night when I got back into town rather late, there was a bunch of turds racing down the frontage road. There is a drag strip out here, for crying out load. Whatever. And if there were meats, I probably wouldn't go. I had a guy at Discount Tire checking over my car. Had someone ask if I wanted to sell it while waiting at a light. Gotta love having a sought after chassis.

Maybe once I get the engine swap done, I'll throw it on Craigslist for $4k. Then I'll show up in the Craigslist topic and get mocked.

cbaracing 07-19-2017 10:50 AM

i also like the shocker sticker :tits:

S!K TEG 07-20-2017 06:23 AM

i like to shock her. :goodjob::bananalama:

HI guys, been a long time!!!:snookems::party2::SmokinBanana:

cbaracing 07-20-2017 09:20 AM

iNtegra is a girl? :tits:

king06 07-20-2017 09:23 AM

Can confirm, Mustang kids are fags. Especially the once that want to do a coyote swap. Lol

1990db1 07-20-2017 11:15 AM

Shit, this place is still around?

cbaracing 07-20-2017 03:20 PM

:confused::confused::confused:

PhxKid92 07-20-2017 10:42 PM

Cars are gay, meets are gay, forums are gay, Facebook is gay, all you guys on this thread are gay, I'm gay!

cbaracing 07-21-2017 09:14 AM

:goodpost:

king06 07-21-2017 10:27 PM

Lol. Yes,