AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   THUNDERDOME (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   Vangbang what u doing?? (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=200609)

AZ_CIVIC 02-28-2015 08:48 PM

Vangbang what u doing??

Vangbang, you on a mission to bump every thread on this site in an hour or what?

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAVEMAN 02-28-2015 09:17 PM

Must. Get. To. Classifieds.

king06 03-01-2015 12:13 AM

Lol. He sure did. I say let it go. Fucking place is slow enough as is.

Koopa Troopa 03-01-2015 12:33 AM

king06 03-01-2015 01:52 AM

Oh be nice. We haven't one of these in a while.

Koopa Troopa 03-01-2015 04:46 AM

If I were king of the forest, I'd set his post count to negative one million. Dude's bumping two year old threads with stupid ass posts like, "Damn I h8 when that happens." And you're asking us to take pity on the dude?

AZ_CIVIC 03-01-2015 08:25 AM

I was talking about this the other day, the post count should be set to zero for sales. That way, if someone wants to sell stuff we don't have to see the 50 bumps and stupid comments over and over because they want to sell something.

I would rather them put their crap for sale, then see tons of old threads being bumped.

king06 03-01-2015 08:51 AM

That is annoying, but we have members that bump threads with "sheepballs" lol.

I'm kinda in the same boat as AZ, remove post count and see what the results are. Push comes to shove the restriction can always be changed.

Koopa Troopa 03-01-2015 08:57 AM

I agree.

SHEEP BALLS

Did I do it right?

king06 03-01-2015 09:35 AM

Lol.

Koopa, how's the weather? You should start a video diary!!!!!!!!

There's a couple on YouTube that lives in Tokyo. They travel all over and make videos about it, its awesome. You should do it. Make so.e money?

theAngryMarmot 03-01-2015 09:54 AM

Yeah, but the problem with your comment about "Sheep Balls" is that Sheep Balls actually comes to meets, contributes, and helps people.

VangBang has no interest in any of that so his post count has been reset.

Koopa Troopa 03-01-2015 10:15 AM

I barely have enough time and desire to keep up with my school work. And now that we're moving into spring, the rainy season has come. It's gonna be raining probably nonstop until May. Hell, my car has had a full tank of gas for damn near three weeks. I kinda did some half assed drives and now I have a half tank.

Also, I doubt anyone wants to watch what I do. My current YouTube vids are lucky to break 100 views. Nobody cares about me :cry:

MIRANDA88 03-01-2015 10:53 AM

Do you remember when it was 150 haha. Kids would try to sneek their way up there.

AZ_CIVIC 03-01-2015 11:00 AM

Heck yeah I remember that, that's why it would be better to open sales up to 0 post counts. Helps eliminate the BS. Then we should have a FS thread for each month that everyone posts their stuff up on, no one can reply to the thread but keep it between PM or call the contact info on the FS post. Honda tech does it and it is much cleaner. I don't think they have a post count minimum and if you don't create the proper FS add it is deleted.

Just some thoughts.

Chuck Chainz 03-01-2015 11:14 AM

I always watch your videos so quit yur bitchin, post em up or shut up! :newwhip:

Sales@RC's Garage 03-01-2015 12:25 PM

what are there like, 8 active ppl on here now? lol

MIRANDA88 03-01-2015 02:14 PM

I'm thinking more like 12.

GT489 03-02-2015 03:14 PM

Or how about a general F/S thread. Make it kind of like the new members thread where it doesnt add to your post count but you can post your crap for sale there. Thus weeding out the shit for sale and non contributing while not having them bump old threads to get in the classifieds.

AZ_CIVIC 03-02-2015 03:34 PM

That would work, the only reason they care about post count is to gain enough to sell. If you add the general F/S thread or whatever and allow those who only come to sell it keeps them out of here and from bumping.

Is there a way that in the General FS thread you can make it to where it doesn't bump? Like on Honda-tech in the Drag Racing section you have a Monthly FS sticky that you add your race parts for sale, no one is supposed to reply with comments, you either contact the seller by PM or the sellers contact number. You only reply if you have a FS item you want to list. At the end of each month it is deleted and a new FS thread sticky is created.

BlueTeg 03-02-2015 10:12 PM

this ^

BlueTeg 03-02-2015 10:16 PM

I'm having a hard time understanding why people have to attend meets or "contribute", in order to sell parts on here...parts that rest of us may have an interest in buying.

Fix.it.again.Tony 03-03-2015 07:18 AM

because it makes it easy to get rid of stolen parts in a hurry.

everyone always seems to forget that little part.

also removes accountability.

would you buy from a user created last week who only joined to sell a backyard of honda parts?

AZ_CIVIC 03-03-2015 07:36 AM

Having them get to 50 post counts doesn't make anything you mentioned any safer. Some people will rush to get to the 50 post count and others may do it over a month, either way if they have stolen parts they will get unloaded. Heck, how do I know members with thousands of posts aren't selling stolen parts? That dude Ienk worked for some salvage yard, I remember meeting with that guy who had a trunk full of parts. How do I know he wasn't jacking all that from the place he worked?

This is why you force proper adds with pictures and vin numbers, it is also the buys responsibility and risk when they buy parts from any forum to make sure they are checking. Some parts have no identifying marks and you will never know. That is also why we have iTrader and comments sections for buyers and sellers to leave comments if stuff doesn't seem legit.

Littlejon1378 03-03-2015 07:44 AM

I say we make people take a 75-100 question test before letting them join and if they pass they can be a member and if they fail we block their IP address and email address from ever being a member. And with that being said we should let anyone who is able to actually become a member post anything they want from the beginning.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

S!K TEG 03-03-2015 09:37 AM

I say just remove post limit and let anyone sell what they want. That will bring more traffic in here plus; stolen or not, there is no way of knowning unless it has vins, serial number etc.

theAngryMarmot 03-03-2015 04:40 PM

You have a hard time understanding because you didn't read up the thread far enough.

king06 was complaining that we have a member who bumps threads with "sheep balls." I simply state that he is allowed because he contributes, attends meets, and is generally well known for being a stand-up guy.

VangBang had his post count reset because no one here knows who he is, and he post count spammed his way to 30 posts - which is against the rules (that I did not make.)

I don't see what is so hard about that. It was two people, two situations, which were both addressed if you read up a couple posts. Perhaps I should have quoted king06 in my comment, but I didn't feel it was necessary considering his comment was two up from mine.

As far as the post count thing goes - it is a moot point. VangBang was the first/only member in months that I reset a post count on. Since traffic has died on here to the extent where people apparently are not even joining here to sell their crap - the post count "restriction" isn't really a "thing" anymore. If I figured out how to change it to 0 tonight, there would be no change in the traffic or activity here.

BlueTeg 03-03-2015 06:40 PM

I respectfully disagree.

It can't hurt the traffic or new member signups. :wizarddragon:

BlueTeg 03-03-2015 06:44 PM

Sure if it was something that was practically idiot proof to buy. (example: engine mounts, engine stand, steering wheel, strut bar, rear spoiler, hood, etc. etc. etc.)

An engine block? No way Jose....

king06 03-04-2015 01:55 AM

You have me confused, I wasn't complaining, why would I? Look at it this way, a brand new user signs up and see's us (i've done it too) bumping threads with what ever the hell we feel like saying because we no longer have to hit a post count. What is that new member going to think?

On that note, I never complain about the site or members, again? why? not my site, it's free.

Live long and prosper.

Also, please let everyone start selling stolen shit, it would make it easier for people to find.

Crono 03-04-2015 10:31 AM

Petition to remove post count?