AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Strip & Street (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Midnight Run @ Speedworld this weekend (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=128650)

locash 07-03-2010 12:11 AM

Tweak, you're going to sit here and tell us that your half assed uberdata ripoff software is smart enough to tell you when you have enough ignition advance? Does it read your mind too? If you believe that, you're dumber than I thought. Perhaps you can explain to us how your Superior Tuning Solution can sense optimal ignition advance? I'm sure there are a number of Honda Engineers who would love for you to educate them on this skill. The laptop must be hooked up to your specially calibrated ass dyno too. I swear it was just in the last year or so, you tried to tell me how you were going to run 11's with an automatic accord on nitrous, and I just laughed. Obviously, you got nowhere with that pipe dream either.

Have you looked in a mirror lately? You're nowhere near what I would call professional. Do you even have a legitimate business? Oh, thats right, you don't.

Every year, some uneducated kid thinks he is a tuner because he can download some free crap software and buys an emulator, a chip burner, downloads some basemaps off the web, and starts street tuning. After that, he starts advertising for free on sites like Craigslist and taking peoples money for garbage work. Sound familiar?

Don't feed me a line of crap about EFI University either, I went there many years ago for the hell of it, and didn't learn a damn thing that I didnt already know. Are you still dreaming of attending it, its not like it costs a lot of money, and surely you've ripped off enough 15 second Honda owners to pay for it, right? You've always been a dumbass punk kid with a slow car, and that hasn't changed in the past 5-10 years, obviously.

Deely, you obviously dont even know what I do. I sure as hell don't tune 1000hp Supras, or any Toyota for that matter. Contrary to your belief, I do fix peoples issues, for free at that, every time I put a car on the dyno. There are exceptions, I'm sure as hell not going to spend 3 hours fixing things on the car to tune it for another 3 hours, nor should I be expected to. I don't run a charity operation, it's a business, with real overhead and employees with families to feed. I have a checklist on my website of things to check BEFORE tuning, although it is obvious that probably 35% of the people can't read anyway.

My work speaks for itself, but I have no problem clarifying it to some of the fools in this world.

KingDingaLing 07-03-2010 09:14 AM

id be willing to put money up to see that dyno graph.ill pay for the dyno time.

i know there is a few street tuners on this site who claim to be good and people stand by them. I would be willing to have you guys pick a day, and ill pay for the dyno times so we can put this drama to an end, each of you go street tune a car and have it ready for the day of dyno.

this is my offer, step up and take it.

locash 07-03-2010 09:28 AM

Hell, I'll even help find a car worthy of tuning. Something with a set of cams that none of us has tuned on before, a different setup, maybe a 11.5 or 12.5:1 motor even, with bigger injectors, a crazy header, that kind of stuff. This would be a good setup to show some skills on. :)

I'd suggest a K-series, but I'd hate to see how bad the street tuners could fuck up a cam angle table.

KeRmEt 07-03-2010 09:36 AM

WOW all the negativity i like this thread and i wasnt even there

KingDingaLing 07-03-2010 09:43 AM

lol id hope none of them would street tune a k series, honestly out of them all. i have the most faith in paco tune. as much as people dont like him. i think he would make a great tuner with some dyno seat time.

8lb6ozbabyjesus 07-03-2010 10:04 AM

No more street tunes for me. Only thing a street tune is good for is to make a car safe to drive to the dyno, I always said this. When I have something worthy to tune ill start getting into some dyno time. I doubt that will happen anytime soon as I want a bike, honda's are for a/c to me now.

mr.lsvtec 07-03-2010 10:17 AM

choose me choose me choose me
thats pretty much the exact setup im runnin

8lb6ozbabyjesus 07-03-2010 11:44 AM

ICD 07-03-2010 12:34 PM

I bet none of these street tuners will step up and take RCs offer.

8lb6ozbabyjesus 07-03-2010 12:43 PM

i would, im not in phx anymore nor do i have the tools to do it thx to a bitch ex. RC texted me i have no problem tuning a car, i cant compete with a dyno and i know that. all i know for a fact is the cars i have tuned have been reliable and dont melt pistons like tweeks have, aswell as going low 11's, high 11s @ 135+ mph. like i said street tunes should only be if youre on a budget and you need to save for dyno time.

ICD 07-03-2010 01:00 PM

Oh yes I completely understand that. I should have clarified, they guy who said he wouldn't make anymore power on a dyno

SDUB08 07-03-2010 01:12 PM

he said he wouldnt make anymore with the program he is using so read before you talk shit and im pretty sure he would take that offer and joe i dont know what your trying to prove he didnt come in here running his mouth about you so whats your goal in this thread

KingDingaLing 07-03-2010 01:15 PM

Paco ftw

Colten79 07-03-2010 01:33 PM

no he didn't.. but you did for him

ex:

8lb6ozbabyjesus 07-03-2010 01:47 PM

if he said that then i wouldnt let him change the air freshener in my car. all the power is to be made is made mostly with timing. the only way to see if youre adding too much or too little is with a dyno.

ICD 07-03-2010 02:11 PM

Your calling other people Nutswingers?

And I guess my goal in this thread is same as yours and its to state my opinion about what is being said. :word:

tWeAk_TuNe_kAboOm 07-03-2010 02:59 PM

deely7 07-03-2010 03:01 PM

Ive never met you nor have I been to your shop.
I know you do excellent work but Ive heard that you dont have the best attitude towards cars that dont put out high power and numbers.
If thats not the case i apologize for coming at you like that without getting things straight

Id love to be picked!
but K-pro is expensive!!!
hahaha

tWeAk_TuNe_kAboOm 07-03-2010 03:01 PM

the da has a stock b20 and did 142whp/132 wtq

the white eg has a d16y8 and with the tuning done on the street along with no detonation on the plugs and close to MBT on the dyno it went 128/113

tWeAk_TuNe_kAboOm 07-03-2010 03:03 PM

my front wheels were lumpy and didnt find out till after the dyno thats what the fucked up dips are from. all pulls were 4th gear pulls.

tWeAk_TuNe_kAboOm 07-03-2010 03:07 PM

i just found the final numbers on the lsv and it was 331/255 pon 6.8psi

allbossbra 07-03-2010 05:29 PM

that black coupe was apex's old race car

SDUB08 07-03-2010 06:12 PM

i didnt ask you what your goal was learn to read

SDUB08 07-03-2010 06:26 PM

yeah after he was talking shit so read the whole thread before you try to act like a badass

Colten79 07-03-2010 07:17 PM

uh nobody over here is 'tryin to act like a badass'.. you guys started the whole thing.. all we were trying to do is find some videos/pics..

how is that not talkin shit?
then i wasn't even talkin to you/nor was i talkin shit.. and you said this-

ICD 07-03-2010 07:46 PM

:wave1:

KingDingaLing 07-03-2010 08:55 PM

Lofl

locash 07-03-2010 09:14 PM

I tune plenty of cars that don't make tons of power, and unless they are total pieces of junk with lots of problems for me to fix, my attitude is just fine with them.

Tweak, I wouldnt say high 12's is anywhere close to 11's, but you keep up that dream. Its nice to see you cut off the dyno shops name on those graphs, too..

I'll give Paco some credit, he was getting better before he gave up on Hondas.. :)

JDMEG2 07-03-2010 10:12 PM

nutswinging? i don't know locash nor will use him or will ask him for a discount. don't make sorry excuses for your high times, don't front because your single cam can run 15s. single cam turbo barely pushing over 200? my B all motor pushes out more

indub 07-04-2010 02:14 AM

What people are not getting is that Joe is a Tuner, not a mechanic.

He tunes plenty of low horsepower cars, some are basically stock. The problem is that people bring in cars to be tuned that are no where near ready to be tuned. Figuring out problems is one thing and that goes with the territory, but there is a simple checklist located here:

that people must not even bother to read. Its not the tuners responsibility to get the car ready for tune.