AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Member's Rides (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   1992 Accord LX Sedan (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=202923)

Chuck Chainz 06-08-2016 02:11 PM

So the DB is staying?

4dr_ed3 07-24-2016 09:19 PM

Since rhe engine is out of the teg. I decided to fix a few things that this car needed. I still need to do a few more things before i can say its at a good point not to worry about it. When i got the car it was missing half the gauge cover thingy. Mainly because it was all broken. Its all one big piece that goes from the gauge cluster to the botton of the radio area. Any ways i found a complete one at the junk yard.
My mirrors were being held on to eaxh other by electrical tape by previous owner. So i got 2 mirrors in good condition.
The rear passenger window would not go up or down. I could here the motor go up and down but not the window. I also had a very flimsy driver window rail causing the window to always raise crooked. So i got the rear passenger window motor and the front driver as well.
My driver side tail light was busted aswell when i bought it so i got one of those as well
Ive been having some intermittent issues with the car staying when its hot outside. Im guessing it's the main relay.

I also have always wondered about this weird grinding sound when i turn the steering wheel all the way left or all the way right. So i finally got up under saw that the tie rod was hitting the rim. Sooo after thinking about this for a few moments i realized that who ever last installed these tie rods put them on incorrect. They put the passenger on the driver side, and driver side on passenger. This caused the arch they have to be on the outside instead of the inside which is why the wheel hits it. So ill be buying some new tie rod ends this week.

Future plans would be to get a set of all 4 matching rims with new tires. New struts and maybe some lowering springs.
Clean the interior extremely well.
Install the radio ive had souring in the car for ever.
Get some speakers for the doors and rear.

I am planning on getting a new vehicle for my self but the one i really really want will take me a little time to get so. I may use half the money i get from the swap to buy either an h22 long block, h23a vtec long block or an f20b long block. I already have the h22 trans i rebuilt so ill only need the long block

4dr_ed3 07-25-2016 02:34 PM

I also made me a "custom " shifter.its a prelude shifter with half if the accord shifter. Feels real nice actually.

Paul's best friend 07-25-2016 07:46 PM

What gen Prelude it come out of?

cbaracing 07-26-2016 11:06 AM

11th gen :samuri:

4dr_ed3 07-26-2016 11:25 AM

its an oem 4th gen prelude shifter (shorter throw than stock accord), with the accord top half of shifter on top of it.

I polished it yesterday and put the Integra shifter on it. Feels nice. I can shift gears with out moving my arm off the arm rest. :)

4dr_ed3 07-27-2016 09:17 PM

Got me a set of these. They aren't in perfect condition but nothing i can't work with. Next up is getting some good tires to mount on them. And they all have the center caps

4dr_ed3 07-28-2016 03:27 PM

Before

After

cbaracing 07-28-2016 04:48 PM

much better :clapper:

king06 07-28-2016 09:05 PM

Looks good. You just need a grill and a lip bruh

4dr_ed3 07-28-2016 10:50 PM

Have the grill just haven't put it back on. Had a legend lip that got pulled off. Needs new struts all around. Thinking koni yellows and gc coils. Not sure yet. Wheels make it look so much more compete

king06 07-29-2016 02:17 AM

Koni sports are cool, but do you really need them? I paid $500 for mine, when I had my Accord I had skunk2 lowering spring and stock shocks and it was super comfortable and pretty low that my mud flaps would scrape everywhere.

4dr_ed3 07-31-2016 10:31 PM

I was bored on this fine Sunday, so u decided to install the h22 transmission i got for $50 & rebuilt myself. Huge difference from the stock f series trans. Can definitely feel the tq much better.

Also fabbed up my 3" exhaust. Not loud and definitely gave it a little pep in its step

4dr_ed3 07-31-2016 10:34 PM

Technically i realy dont "need" any of the stuff ive done to it. But id really like a good suspension set up. I may want to take it out to that ansa thing i keep saying i wanna try but havent do e anything to sign up lol.

king06 08-01-2016 01:02 AM

Lol. Well they are worth it just make sure you get the koni specific ground controls, sure you knew that.

4dr_ed3 08-08-2016 07:48 AM

Small teeny tiny update

Installed a wode band

turbo4dr 08-08-2016 10:35 AM

^nice update. What's next? The wastegate, intercooler and cooling lines?

4dr_ed3 08-08-2016 01:22 PM

have the intercooler and piping but i need to get a j pipe specifically for this turbo to run the IC. Also the piping didnt come with any where to attach a BOV, so thats another thng. As war as the Waste gate i have one but the actuator didnt bolt up because it was was on a dsm t25 so im going to make a custom bracket to put it on. Nothing crazy. Anything is possible with a welder.

How ever i did place an order today for:
DSM J pipe
BOV
Injectors
H22 parts from synchrotech
F22 parts from synchro tech.

Now the only thing i need to do after all parts gathered is either s300 or socketed obd1 ecu so i can get a tune.

I am going to be building another block on the side with a better bottom end.
it will still be a f23 block and crank pistons and rods are a secret lol
head will be another f22 head but with some port work, bisi valve springs, either a bisi cam or delta regrind, f to k IM adapter with either a PRB IM or an RBC manifold.
For that set up ill use the turbo set up i have now untill i can gather a better Turbo manifold and an Holset HX35 or HX40.
Thats will be fun. :)

Jason.AZ1 08-09-2016 10:40 PM

Awesome

4dr_ed3 08-15-2016 07:30 AM

Car is up and running completely done now. Had a few hick ups along the way but its done. So ever since i got the car i noticed a humming/vibration coming from the driver side engine compartment. It only happens as you pass 4k rpm. I had the car up on stands and put it in a few gears and sure enough every tone you pass 4k it starts. So at first i thought my trans mount. It was completely trashed. Replaced that. Some vibrating when away but the humming passing 4k was still there. What would you guys suggest?

I was thinking it was wheel bearing but that's not where the humming is coming from. Than i thought maybe its the intermediate shaft and or the bearing? Axle going bad some how?

turbo4dr 08-16-2016 12:56 PM

How old are the axles? Are they OEM? Some of the aftermarket ones are just not good; they are produced out of spec and no quality control were done on them.

4dr_ed3 08-16-2016 01:11 PM

driver side is oem. Passenger is a brand new after market. But the problem has been there before getting the other axle.
Driver side looks like the inner boot is ripped.

4dr_ed3 08-22-2016 03:07 PM

On another note. I took the car to the track this weekend to see what it could do. I was a little rusty and this the first turbo car ii have ever taken down a track. First 2 runs were not impressive at all. 16.5 and 16.1. i could not get traction for my life. my 60 ft was a 2.8XX. let out a little bit of tire psi a little at a time and learned to launch the car off the line a little better. Best run of the night was 14.644 with a 2.300 60ft @ 96.57mph

Better trans and good tires and better suspension should help a lot.

I have cheapo triangle tires that are good for pretty much nothing. STOCK SUSPENSION on blown struts.
f22a transmission. super long gears.

theAngryMarmot 08-22-2016 05:07 PM

Niiice.

king06 08-22-2016 05:44 PM

That's moving for such a cheap setup. Get better tires and run 13s

And it's not even tuned right?

4dr_ed3 08-22-2016 06:32 PM

No tune just a base map. Wife has the video. It also was full interior with the spare and jack in the trunk.

4dr_ed3 12-28-2016 10:20 AM

It's been a while since I've logged on. Teg is gone Nissan truck is gone. So this is now my full on project. Alot has gone on since the last update. Long story short timing belt snapped bent valves, purchased new used head, head dropped a valve in less than 24 hours. Cracked sleeve and piston was trashed. Fast forward like 3 months finally got another short block. Rebuilt a spare good head I had along with a good set of valves I had.
New setup (which isn't mush different)
F22a head
F23a stock short block
H22a TB
H22a top plenum
F22a6 lower runners
14b turbo (currently rebuilding/upgrading)
H22A4 M2Y4 transmission

Before I decided to rebuild the turbo I took it for a spin. Let's just say I really need to invest in some good tires before January 20th. Also MIGHT need a helmet.

On a side note does anyone know the track rules for battery relocation? I want to make some changes to my IC piping routing and the battery needs to be moved

Broskiballa 12-28-2016 01:12 PM

That battery needs to be held with brackets, and not straps. The tech on-site will determine if it's safe or not. Position shouldn't matter too much, as long as it's not in a dangerous location.

Congrats on getting it going again. Still hoping I can get mine rolling for the 20th. Fingers crossed from me to you! Hopin to see it run out there.

theAngryMarmot 12-28-2016 05:26 PM

You boys better make it! Even my wife is bringing her car to run lol.

4dr_ed3 12-28-2016 05:51 PM

I'm definitely going. I'm just waiting on my turbine housing to come in on Friday to put everything back together and start the re-routing plus relocating the battery. I may even gut the car to get that extra little bit